Notices

Deck Plate Mod REVERSED!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Misterclean is on a distinguished road
Army: E5 Meteorological Team Chief; Air Assault, 25th Infantry Division
Name: Mike
Misterclean's Tacoma Gallery
Deck Plate Mod REVERSED!

After almost a year, I've found that the DP Mod is a huge waste of time. It's my belief that people have an "initial perception" of performace gains due to the added exhaust note... but in reality, performace, especially at higher RPMs has been hindered! Unless you appreciate the added noise associated with the mod, which has become quite annoying... and the frequent filter changes, it really hasn't accomplished a thing! This includes gas mileage!
Anyone else found this to be true!??
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. I gained a mpg or 2 from it and the noise was just a bonus. Don't like it? Just screw the cap on it and leave it....I will agree on the filter change, but just do an AFE and it's re-useable. Easy.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterclean View Post
After almost a year, I've found that the DP Mod is a huge waste of time. It's my belief that people have an "initial perception" of performace gains due to the added exhaust note... but in reality, performace, especially at higher RPMs has been hindered! Unless you appreciate the added noise associated with the mod, which has become quite annoying... and the frequent filter changes, it really hasn't accomplished a thing! This includes gas mileage!
Anyone else found this to be true!??
This has been my experience as well. Unfortunately, I've not seen an advantage of MPGs or power increase by running with the plate open. I just leave it closed all the time now so I don't have to remember to close it for dusty trail conditions.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
pipelayer_99 is on a distinguished road
pipelayer_99's Tacoma Gallery
I actually lose MPG's and it's not because I rev it higher with it taken out. I do take off the plate when I'm going into the mountains as the extra air defintely helps. If I'm on the trail i leave it in so the dust and water is less likely to get to the filter.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
That ass dyno might not give you accurate readings all the time...
Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
I think my ass dyno needs a calibration.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
I think my ass dyno needs a calibration.
I think a lot of people need re calibration, maybe we can do a group buy on re calibrations.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #8
Misterclean is on a distinguished road
Army: E5 Meteorological Team Chief; Air Assault, 25th Infantry Division
Misterclean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Nope. I gained a mpg or 2 from it and the noise was just a bonus. Don't like it? Just screw the cap on it and leave it....I will agree on the filter change, but just do an AFE and it's re-useable. Easy.
Whole lot of growl and no real BITE! I removed the silencer box a long time ago and the combo of both mods made my teeth chatter and gave me a headache! LoLoL When I finally put the cap back on because of the noise, is when I realized how much more fuel economy and top-end performance I had been missing!
As far as filters... I don't believe in washables. Or oiled for that matter. Not on a truck that I've put 170K on ..and plan on keeping for another 100K! JMO
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
chriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chris
chriss's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.speedysgarage.net/sportru..._deckplate.htm

http://www.gadgetonline.com/AirInduction.htm

Restrictions in the airbox are the first thing I try to improve on when getting a new truck.