Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aftermarket gauges

Old 08-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket gauges

Ok spyder you must have one since your boosting. Where do you people put your aftermarket gauges? There isn't a whole lot of room inside the cab on the dash. Only place I really see is the little change tray underneath the radio. I want to install a few autometers but I dont really see a good place to put them. The a pillar is out because it has that handgrab on it....any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Spyder327 is on a distinguished road

Spyder327's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Spyder327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
Ok spyder you must have one since your boosting. Where do you people put your aftermarket gauges? There isn't a whole lot of room inside the cab on the dash. Only place I really see is the little change tray underneath the radio. I want to install a few autometers but I dont really see a good place to put them. The a pillar is out because it has that handgrab on it....any suggestions?
I currently have 2 gauges hooked up, i'm waiting on a company to make an A-pillar gauge pod so i can get more hooked up. Both my gauges are mounted below the inner a/c vents. That little piece below them pops right out and gauges fit very nicely there.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Teknishun is on a distinguished road
Teknishun's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Teknishun Send a message via MSN to Teknishun Send a message via Yahoo to Teknishun
I've thought about this. If I was to mod up one of these trucks I would install an aftermarket radio down in the storage pocket and take advantage of that large area where the stock radio lives.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #4

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
I see. That WOULD work great...except mine is a 4x4 and thats where the 4x4 dial is.....whaaaaaaaaa Yeah I wish someone would make an a-pillar mount.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknishun View Post
I've thought about this. If I was to mod up one of these trucks I would install an aftermarket radio down in the storage pocket and take advantage of that large area where the stock radio lives.
I've considered it, but i dont think i would like the ending look of it as much as i like what i've done so far.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Yeah I wish someone would make an a-pillar mount.
Someone is working on trying to make one
Old 08-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #7

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder327 View Post
Someone is working on trying to make one
Awesome! Any sort of ETA? Would that someone be URD?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Awesome! Any sort of ETA? Would that someone be URD?
No ETA yet, but i have seen a very nice looking prototype. They're trying to source someone who can make the kinds of low quantities that they'd need without charging them tons of $$$. Most places that do that kind of stuff want to do it in very high quantities only.

and no, it's not URD.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #9

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
awesome! Please keep us posted if it materializes.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:26 AM   #10
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
How about the front 2 cup holders right below the dash. Mount it at about 25-45 degrees for best viewing angle?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 AM   #11

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
How about the front 2 cup holders right below the dash. Mount it at about 25-45 degrees for best viewing angle?
Thought about it but.....I like my cupholders!!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #12
Send a message via AIM to Teknishun Send a message via MSN to Teknishun Send a message via Yahoo to Teknishun
I've never had a vehicle with so many cup holders, but those are the most important!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #13
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknishun View Post
I've never had a vehicle with so many cup holders.....
Its actually a Taco-Bar. For those who must drink while you drive and Toyota even threw in a bed outlet for a blender.
I think we have the "AA" version.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
Man, why didn't I think of that? I'm definitely taking the blender, some rum and some fruit on the next camping trip!