1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Supercharger Parts to Purchase

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by thomsom1, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Feb 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    thomsom1

thomsom1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Blackfalds, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    AFE Stage 2 CAI Wet Filter, AIRAID TBS, Magnaflow 3" Catback Exhaust, Sprintbooster
    I am going to be purchasing a s/c for my 2011 Tacoma sometime this spring. I will be more than likely ordering it online to save some cost from the Stealership, but will be having them install it to take advantage of the warranty. Can someone point me in the right direction to which set up to go with to get the most horsepower and torque. i know it would be a combination of TRD and URD parts, just unsure of what parts from where. i have read some of the threads that deal with s/c, and there seems to be quite a bit of knowledge and expertise on this, so any help is greatly appreciated!

My truck already has 3" magnaflow cat back exhaust, and a stage 2 AFE CAI. I will be keeping the exhaust set up, but would there be a different CAI worth looking into that would prove to be a better mod with the addition of the s/c?

2. Mar 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The URD TCAI might be an improvement, but it is a custom fit. I would just stick with the AFE since you already have it and others likely have very minimal gain or loss over it. The other catch is the stealership may not like you pairing up the S/C with an aftermarket CAI... They don't even like to use the TRD CAI with the S/C so you may have some problems there... I think it is a warranty issue so hopefully you still have your stock CAI around or your stealership is cool.

If you want to step up improvement get some Long tube headers and a performance Y-pipe.

Products Discussed in

To Top