Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Supercharger Parts to Purchase

Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
thomsom1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
thomsom1's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger Parts to Purchase

I am going to be purchasing a s/c for my 2011 Tacoma sometime this spring. I will be more than likely ordering it online to save some cost from the Stealership, but will be having them install it to take advantage of the warranty. Can someone point me in the right direction to which set up to go with to get the most horsepower and torque. i know it would be a combination of TRD and URD parts, just unsure of what parts from where. i have read some of the threads that deal with s/c, and there seems to be quite a bit of knowledge and expertise on this, so any help is greatly appreciated!

My truck already has 3" magnaflow cat back exhaust, and a stage 2 AFE CAI. I will be keeping the exhaust set up, but would there be a different CAI worth looking into that would prove to be a better mod with the addition of the s/c?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
The URD TCAI might be an improvement, but it is a custom fit. I would just stick with the AFE since you already have it and others likely have very minimal gain or loss over it. The other catch is the stealership may not like you pairing up the S/C with an aftermarket CAI... They don't even like to use the TRD CAI with the S/C so you may have some problems there... I think it is a warranty issue so hopefully you still have your stock CAI around or your stealership is cool.

If you want to step up improvement get some Long tube headers and a performance Y-pipe.