Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

My homebuilt 'True cold' air

Old 03-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #61
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Urd is fully exposed by design, but shields are availavble to counter buffeting and light/med rain if 1 has a mesh grill.

Hydrophobic socks also are available
Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #62
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
It's finished. Turned out great. Im happy with it.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #63
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just put the intake behind the grill, and leave the filter under the hood in a box? then your filter wouldn't be exposed. Just trying to think outside the box a little
Old 04-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #64
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
I located on behind the passenger fog light but it didn't work well I had originally had it under the hood ran with 3" 90*(I have a vid on YouTube under yota243 homemade intake) and just bent some 3" pvc and pieced it together went out the stock fender well hole. Neither design really worked for me, shifted funny and threw a rich in both banks code because the intake is obviously slightly more than 3" and though i was putting more air in than I actually was. If Ur truck start shifting into 5th oddly this info may save u a year of trouble shooting as I did. Just a heads up but looks great man
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #65
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
nice work

This would be neat...
if I didn't live in the SW

but down here in the summer...
the hot air rising from the tarmac
would likely erase any gain.

doubt it would work for me...
but it's cool to look at

Hate snorkels, but at least
they might intake cooler/cleaner air
higher, above the tarmac's surface.
And above some dust during trail work.

Trail work tends to find me in line with a train.
being behind that dust cloud, clogs filters quick.

Having the filter/intake right in front could be a disadvantage.

For city dwellers... this mod could be worthy.
but trail ho's probably not so much.

interested in seeing the dyno results before/after
Old 06-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #66
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey dually,
I admire your creativity to actually build your own intake.

The unsheltered filter being blasted by a particulate airstream has a very simple solution. It would be very easy to fabricate a simple guard like this one to keep particles from directly impacting your filter medium.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #67
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
That's freaking genius,any mass productions anytime soon?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #68
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe when I get home, I'm at Mob station right now