2013 Tacoma Cold Air Intake Availability

Old 06-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #101
MagneticTaco is on a distinguished road

Navy: AT2
Name: Kiel
MagneticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Oops, Volant with the powercore filter..
awesome. Let me know how the install goes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #102
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagneticTaco View Post
awesome. Let me know how the install goes
I'm seeing more post about the pump mount being shitty and the hose not be good.... You had the same issues didn't you?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #103

Quote:
I'm seeing more post about the pump mount being shitty and the hose not be good.... You had the same issues didn't you?
Its not the best mount but it still works fine. The product is still really good.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #104
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Its not the best mount but it still works fine. The product is still really good.
Volant is telling me I should have no problems... I think on of the misconceptions on here is it is like the last model which they assure me this a a totally different design.. No CEL issues etc.... I can't bring myself to spend almost $500 with shipping on an intake that really won't give me huge gains on any level... I think I am going to try it....
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #105
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The AFE mount is hassle free IMHO
Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #106

Quote:
Volant is telling me I should have no problems... I think on of the misconceptions on here is it is like the last model which they assure me this a a totally different design.. No CEL issues etc.... I can't bring myself to spend almost $500 with shipping on an intake that really won't give me huge gains on any level... I think I am going to try it....
I haven't had any problems with it at all. You will love the sound you get at WOT by the way. Was driving to the airport today and floored it to get by an incredibly slow ignorant driver (I know we all have encountered those) and it roared with such a low throaty sound. Was sweet
Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #107
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
I haven't had any problems with it at all. You will love the sound you get at WOT by the way. Was driving to the airport today and floored it to get by an incredibly slow ignorant driver (I know we all have encountered those) and it roared with such a low throaty sound. Was sweet
I ended up buying the AFE... I was not happy with the customer service when I was to to Volant.. There were kinda assholish... A smoking deal came up for the AFE so I jumped on it. Got for $10 more than I was paying for th Volant and it shipped out right away vs the Volant was taking 5 days to ship so I was able to cancel it.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #108
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ended up buying the AFE... I was not happy with the customer service when I was to to Volant.. There were kinda assholish... A smoking deal came up for the AFE so I jumped on it. Got for $10 more than I was paying for th Volant and it shipped out right away vs the Volant was taking 5 days to ship so I was able to cancel it.
[in the voice of the men's warehouse dude]
You're going like the way it sounds...I guarantee it![/Voice]

It's an easy set up with the air pump too...neat clean & looks OE
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #109
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Their job is to sell things...... just like how K&N sold a faulty design to toyota and toyota refuses to stop selling the faulty "trd" intake.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #110
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
installed my afe dry filter 2 weeks ago only problem was removing that stud from the factory box, all i did was cut a metric bolt and made a new one other than that it sounds and looks amazing...also installed a flowmaster 80 series muffler sounds great!!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #111
GWOT Infidel
Solid Seung is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT Fire Team Leader B Co. 2/27 INF 25th Infantry Division
Name: Sam
Solid Seung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why us it there is always some guy who comes on a thread and just has to argue the negative man... F$&k it annoys me about this site...
The first 3 pages are filled with someone trying to tell us that he doesn't like or believe in CAI and they're a waste of money. I joined TW for info and customization ideas. It is my money and I can spend it how I want. You can save yours or do whatever. Some people want to customize their truck and not look like another stock white truck. I originally wanted info on when the 2013 TRD CAI is available, not to be told that we are foolish for wanting to buy something with our own money.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #112
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Seung View Post
The first 3 pages are filled with someone trying to tell us that he doesn't like or believe in CAI and they're a waste of money. I joined TW for info and customization ideas. It is my money and I can spend it how I want. You can save yours or do whatever. Some people want to customize their truck and not look like another stock white truck. I originally wanted info on when the 2013 TRD CAI is available, not to be told that we are foolish for wanting to buy something with our own money.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. A while ago I started a thread asking for CAI info and instead of getting help I got shit for wanting one.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #113
GWOT Infidel
Solid Seung is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT Fire Team Leader B Co. 2/27 INF 25th Infantry Division
Name: Sam
Solid Seung's Tacoma Gallery
Some people HAVE TO show that they are smart or always right, like they have something to prove. If I wanted answers from a debate, I'd Google stock air filter vs cold air intake.
Back to the OP topic...2013 TRD CAI availability. Any new info? My guess is the 2013 TRD CAI will be in stock when the 2014 Tacoma model is available.
Also, if "the increase in silicon contamination in the oil can be measured at every oil change" from a dealership-installed Toyota TRD CAI, would it matter when the vehicle is covered under warranty still and the maintenance is done by the dealership? If any problems did arise from using a TRD CAI, I'm pretty sure they would cover and take care of it.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #114
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
So there's something wrong with making an informed decision?

For your information, from this thread, I received 3 or 4 PMs from people thanking me. They went to other sites and did their own research, rather than just listening to me, or just following the crowd, and they decided against installing an aftermarket CAI.

Can't, and don't want to, force anyone to do anything.
But I want to make sure people go into something with their eyes open.
A CAI is a lot of money for something that offers little to no practical benefit, and potentially causes harm over the long term.

Whether the TRD unit admitting more dirt being "okay" under warranty is irrelevant. You aren't going to have a warranty at 100k+, which is when your problems will start showing up.
Toyota will never have to deal with a warranty claim from scored cylinders.

But it looks cool, and it sounds cool when you plant your foot in it. It's your truck, do it if you want.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #115
TacoCBR is on a distinguished road

TacoCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Was at Toyota of Orange yesterday for an oil change. Checked with the parts guy. He didn't know so he called someone at Toyota or TRD? Said they're no longer developing it nor do they have plans for it either. Sorry guys, looks like TRD is out.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #116
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Was just reading through the thread and saw this chart...

Originally Posted by XrunnIT
Here is a dyno done by a 3rd Party(URD), comparing two aftermarket intakes (TRD, and the aFe Si Stage 2) to the stock intake.

+12rwhp/+14ft-lbs, which is real close to what is advertised considering ambient conditions and elevations vary

Click for full-size image (1024 x 568)

Too bad the chart was cropped to delete the data below 2,900 rpm. Even where it starts, they're all pretty close. I'd be really curious as to whether the stock intake equals or might even outperform the aftermarkets under normal driving conditions of off idle to 2,500 rpms, and suspect that Toyota had designed theirs to work best at low rpms.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #118
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That isn't cropped. That is where it starts.
Ok, Tor.
At 2,900 rpm, the chart seemed to start kind of high, so I just figured that since it was primarily focused on high end performance, the bottom was cut off. I was only interested in low end performance in the normal driving range and started mine from 1,300 rpm.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #119
ff13538 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Josh
ff13538's Tacoma Gallery
I love my volant cold air intake. Directions could have been better but managed to get it done. Have got a lot of compliments on it.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #120
Mice54 is on a distinguished road
Mice54's Tacoma Gallery
has TRD come out with a cai for 2013 or is aFe the way to go?