Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust Cut-Outs ?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread but I have a few questions pertaining to this subject. Today I was under my truck lubing the squeeky as hell leafsprings and I kept eyeing the exhaust. I was thinking how it would sound if I just unbolted the exhaust and let it hang just to get an idea. So I tried it and I was expecting a crappy as hell raspy sound and loud as hell almost unbearable but to my suprise it was actually alot quiter than expected and sounded really good.

Anyways I'm kinda interested in an electric cutout now but have a few concerns. I've read that they can leak and motors can fail. Does anybody have experience with thesse? http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

Another concern is will dumping the exhaust under the cab melt anything or put gases in the cab? I offroad kinda often and go through mud, water, and what not would this f up the electric motor or anything?

Thanks in advance.