LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD exhaust plus other goodies?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
URD exhaust plus other goodies?

So I decided against lifting my truck because of concerns with stability and loss of power. Instead, I was planning on upgrading the performance aspects. I was thinking about DTLT headers, URD Y-pipe, and the URD catback as far as exhaust. Does anyone have all three as a combo that could help me make up my mind wether they are all worth it? I know werty had all three but he also had a lot to go with it. I was also thinking about adding the URD 2.85" pulley with a better CAI (either URD TCAI or AFE stage 2 si) and of course the MAF Calibrator to go along with all of it. I have been trying to get some feed back from Gadget at URD but with his busy schedule I havent heard back from him so im just trying to see if anyone else has some insight on this or a similar setup as far as performance gains and the dos or donts before I spend a couple gs on the setup. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
You will be very happy with that setup.

I would suggest getting a Wideband to read your AFRs because some people have issues when adding these mods. It's a ~$200 investment that could save you a lot of money, and help with tuning.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I dont mind spending the extra cash to get it right. I just want to know all the advantages of everything I need as a whole rather than individually
Old 03-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanna mention to get the rear O2 simulator when you do get the y-pipe for you don't get a CEL. Other then a AFR gauge already mentioned you'll have some nice performance gains with those upgrades (intake, full exhaust and pulley)
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
Just wanna mention to get the rear O2 simulator when you do get the y-pipe for you don't get a CEL. Other then a AFR gauge already mentioned you'll have some nice performance gains with those upgrades (intake, full exhaust and pulley)
Thats why I asked cause I knew there was gonna be more to it than the basics
Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Iirc u can't run the urd tcai with a supercharger due to the intercooler being in the way.......I've been awake awhile and on pain meds, but I think im right.

Hoping someone else can back me up or let me know im wrong.......good luck keeping the tires planted

I've heard gadget is busy......but that's just how good he is, and how in demand he and his products are.

Gadget could make a Geo Metro put down 500hp with just a paperclip, a sock, a piece of bubble gum, and a plastic slinky.

He's so good at making horsepower, he can cup his hands together, say a few magic words, and make a dozen micro horses appear, then feed them his proprietary food, and turn them into full size Clydesdales.

Gadget, I tip my hat sir
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertaco12 View Post
Thats why I asked cause I knew there was gonna be more to it than the basics
It's all good, better to get the whole picture then just a part of it
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #9
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Iirc u can't run the urd tcai with a supercharger due to the intercooler being in the way.......I've been awake awhile and on pain meds, but I think im right.

Hoping someone else can back me up or let me know im wrong.......good luck keeping the tires planted

I've heard gadget is busy......but that's just how good he is, and how in demand he and his products are.

Gadget could make a Geo Metro put down 500hp with just a paperclip, a sock, a piece of bubble gum, and a plastic slinky.

He's so good at making horsepower, he can cup his hands together, say a few magic words, and make a dozen micro horses appear, then feed them his proprietary food, and turn them into full size Clydesdales.

Gadget, I tip my hat sir
Ive heard that too about the intercooler thats why I considerend the afe stage 2 si but technically the years for them are 05-11 but so is my k&n and I made it fit so id like to see if someone else made the afe fit in a 12 yet. I have a friend who has it on his x runner but I doubt hes gonna want to take it out so I can see if it fits. Id also like to get the vakve body modified by IPT but dont wanna take it out myself after watching rhe how to video lol
Old 03-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
If you are adding a full exhaust and smaller pulley, you need to think about more than the Maf Cal IMO.

I ordered the UCON from URD becuse it's built to go with some of the other goodies I ordered from them and has a few other perks (like you don't need the reat O2 sims...It is built into the UCON). Unichip could work too, but then you need to get it tuned or get your hands on the software and know what you are doing.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

Gadget, I tip my hat sir
Those comments cracked me up. Lol.

On a serious note, the URD TCAI can be used with the TRD S/C. It just takes a little work to make it fit. There are a couple of people in XRU that have it done. One is in Hawaii.

MicPun, Ntnhri, and some others whom I cannot remember have had the full exhaust. Headers to catback from URD. Lucario Runner(here) has the 2nd Gen DTLTs and URD Y, with factory catback. I posted his before and after dynos of the URD Y. NICE gains on N/A. Imagine on F/I.

O2 sim is best purchased at the time of the headers because you get a nice discount on it. It is also only needed if you add long tube headers.

Those mods with your S/C will really wake it up!

Check out this link too -

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=49189

The mods and numbers are listed.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #14
2 4 LIFE!!!
TuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TuFerLife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I think the OP has the TRD unit. As the URD unit has its own intake. BTW, you have a nice list of mods dude.
Oooohhhh.... Thanks for clearing that up for me... Haha

And thanks bud! I purchased it this way, had it a month now. Idling a little rough and I don't know why. Apparently it's always been this way... I guess I need to get the thing tuned...
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If you are adding a full exhaust and smaller pulley, you need to think about more than the Maf Cal IMO.

I ordered the UCON from URD becuse it's built to go with some of the other goodies I ordered from them and has a few other perks (like you don't need the reat O2 sims...It is built into the UCON). Unichip could work too, but then you need to get it tuned or get your hands on the software and know what you are doing.
I wish! They don't have the UCON or Apr x1 available for the 12s or I'd have it already. I don't think they make any for after 08. But I guess I'll go with the full exhaust and after looking at my friends ARE stage 2 si I think I can make it fit. I'll also get the pulley and fuel pump and wait to hear back from gadget before deciding on electronics/fuel management. Kinda wish I had an older truck now
Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
You can always do standalone, such as Haltch or ProEFI. Haltch would be the less expensive of the two. But, you would have to have it tuned by a professional most likely, and it would have to be wire in. Just another option, but definitely not an easy one.

You'll pick up some nice power with the full exhaust, and pulley. Definitely get the fuel pump upgrade. URD offers a variety of pumps for their fuel pump kits. From Aeromotive 340lph, Deastchsworks, and Walbro. Find the one for your needs first, then make the order.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #20
Quack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
You can always do standalone, such as Haltch or ProEFI. Haltch would be the less expensive of the two. But, you would have to have it tuned by a professional most likely, and it would have to be wire in. Just another option, but definitely not an easy one.

You'll pick up some nice power with the full exhaust, and pulley. Definitely get the fuel pump upgrade. URD offers a variety of pumps for their fuel pump kits. From Aeromotive 340lph, Deastchsworks, and Walbro. Find the one for your needs first, then make the order.
I will definately look more into standalone fuel management but I might even fight the urge to get everything now and wait for URD to come out with more for my year and do it right the first time. Thanks for all the help and info guys