1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD exhaust plus other goodies?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by monstertaco12, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mar 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    monstertaco12

monstertaco12 [OP] Quack Addict

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    So I decided against lifting my truck because of concerns with stability and loss of power. Instead, I was planning on upgrading the performance aspects. I was thinking about DTLT headers, URD Y-pipe, and the URD catback as far as exhaust. Does anyone have all three as a combo that could help me make up my mind wether they are all worth it? I know werty had all three but he also had a lot to go with it. I was also thinking about adding the URD 2.85" pulley with a better CAI (either URD TCAI or AFE stage 2 si) and of course the MAF Calibrator to go along with all of it. I have been trying to get some feed back from Gadget at URD but with his busy schedule I havent heard back from him so im just trying to see if anyone else has some insight on this or a similar setup as far as performance gains and the dos or donts before I spend a couple gs on the setup. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mar 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    Blasphemous

Blasphemous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    TRD SC, Stealth Pulley, DTLT Headers, URD MK3 Catback Exhaust, AFE II Intake
    You will be very happy with that setup.

I would suggest getting a Wideband to read your AFRs because some people have issues when adding these mods. It's a ~$200 investment that could save you a lot of money, and help with tuning.

3. Mar 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    monstertaco12

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    Yeah I dont mind spending the extra cash to get it right. I just want to know all the advantages of everything I need as a whole rather than individually

4. Mar 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    Just wanna mention to get the rear O2 simulator when you do get the y-pipe for you don't get a CEL. Other then a AFR gauge already mentioned you'll have some nice performance gains with those upgrades (intake, full exhaust and pulley) :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. Mar 8, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    subd for answers :cool: ill be running alot of URDs stuff in the future

6. Mar 8, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    monstertaco12

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    Thats why I asked cause I knew there was gonna be more to it than the basics

7. Mar 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Iirc u can't run the urd tcai with a supercharger due to the intercooler being in the way.......I've been awake awhile and on pain meds, but I think im right.

Hoping someone else can back me up or let me know im wrong.......good luck keeping the tires planted :)

I've heard gadget is busy......but that's just how good he is, and how in demand he and his products are.

Gadget could make a Geo Metro put down 500hp with just a paperclip, a sock, a piece of bubble gum, and a plastic slinky.

He's so good at making horsepower, he can cup his hands together, say a few magic words, and make a dozen micro horses appear, then feed them his proprietary food, and turn them into full size Clydesdales.

Gadget, I tip my hat sir

8. Mar 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    It's all good, better to get the whole picture then just a part of it :D

9. Mar 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    monstertaco12

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    Ive heard that too about the intercooler thats why I considerend the afe stage 2 si but technically the years for them are 05-11 but so is my k&n and I made it fit so id like to see if someone else made the afe fit in a 12 yet. I have a friend who has it on his x runner but I doubt hes gonna want to take it out so I can see if it fits. Id also like to get the vakve body modified by IPT but dont wanna take it out myself after watching rhe how to video lol

10. Mar 8, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you are adding a full exhaust and smaller pulley, you need to think about more than the Maf Cal IMO.

I ordered the UCON from URD becuse it's built to go with some of the other goodies I ordered from them and has a few other perks (like you don't need the reat O2 sims...It is built into the UCON). Unichip could work too, but then you need to get it tuned or get your hands on the software and know what you are doing.

11. Mar 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Those comments cracked me up. Lol.

On a serious note, the URD TCAI can be used with the TRD S/C. It just takes a little work to make it fit. There are a couple of people in XRU that have it done. One is in Hawaii.

MicPun, Ntnhri, and some others whom I cannot remember have had the full exhaust. Headers to catback from URD. Lucario Runner(here) has the 2nd Gen DTLTs and URD Y, with factory catback. I posted his before and after dynos of the URD Y. NICE gains on N/A. Imagine on F/I.

O2 sim is best purchased at the time of the headers because you get a nice discount on it. It is also only needed if you add long tube headers.

Those mods with your S/C will really wake it up!

Check out this link too -

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49189

The mods and numbers are listed. :thumbsup:

12. Mar 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Ford Raptor (I'm a traitor)
    I have a URD CAI with a URD Supercharger and it fits with the intercooler...

13. Mar 8, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I think the OP has the TRD unit. As the URD unit has its own intake. BTW, you have a nice list of mods dude. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  14. Mar 8, 2013 at 6:53 AM
    TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    Oooohhhh.... Thanks for clearing that up for me... Haha

And thanks bud! I purchased it this way, had it a month now. Idling a little rough and I don't know why. Apparently it's always been this way... I guess I need to get the thing tuned...

15. Mar 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Since you have the MKII, you should call URD tech support. Extension 3. He might have files or something that can help you.

16. Mar 8, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    That would be fantastic... I'll definitely give that a try! Thanks for the help man...

17. Mar 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    My pleasure

18. Mar 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    monstertaco12

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    I wish! They don't have the UCON or Apr x1 available for the 12s or I'd have it already. I don't think they make any for after 08. But I guess I'll go with the full exhaust and after looking at my friends ARE stage 2 si I think I can make it fit. I'll also get the pulley and fuel pump and wait to hear back from gadget before deciding on electronics/fuel management. Kinda wish I had an older truck now :(

19. Mar 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    You can always do standalone, such as Haltch or ProEFI. Haltch would be the less expensive of the two. But, you would have to have it tuned by a professional most likely, and it would have to be wire in. Just another option, but definitely not an easy one.

You'll pick up some nice power with the full exhaust, and pulley. Definitely get the fuel pump upgrade. URD offers a variety of pumps for their fuel pump kits. From Aeromotive 340lph, Deastchsworks, and Walbro. Find the one for your needs first, then make the order. :thumbsup:

20. Mar 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    monstertaco12

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    I will definately look more into standalone fuel management but I might even fight the urge to get everything now and wait for URD to come out with more for my year and do it right the first time. Thanks for all the help and info guys

Products Discussed in

To Top