Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Next step, chip. Which chip?

Old 02-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
diver john is on a distinguished road
diver john's Tacoma Gallery
Next step, chip. Which chip?

I finally got around to putting a catback in. So the exhaust now runs JBA headers, Missing front cat, and a Gibson stainless exhaust. On the in bound side I've got a volant CAI. The question is what whose does the best job on either re-mapping the ecu or piggybacking it to take advantage of the mods I've made so far. I was leaning towards a uni-chip. or going all out and doing somthing like an E-manage from Greddy, but there again I'd like to use a proven map and not screw around with it myself. I hear alot about the URD MAF calibrator, but I think there is more to creating a better map than tricking the MAF. I've also tried to do this smart not cheap so I'm ignoring all the $14.99 chips on E-bay. Any ideas?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
ive been looking at chips as well...cant decide myself these are what ive kinnda been looking at though.
APR
URD maf
unichip
Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
APR X-1. It is the best performance calibrator available for the 1GR motor.

After that, the Map ECU 2 or URD Maf cal. If you check out Jaxchrisfla's recent dyno, he gained 12hp/32tq by switching from the URD MAF cal (tuned) to the APR X-1. Dyno proven.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
cpforyou is on a distinguished road
cpforyou's Tacoma Gallery
Anything out there with a tune possibly optimized for mpg and possibly lower octane?