Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2005 headers vs 2009 headers

Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
it looks stock, but with a little zest
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: zach
zach nunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to zach nunes
2005 headers vs 2009 headers

Hey does anyone know if there’s a difference in the headersand Y pipe from 05 Tacoma 4L compared to 09 Tacoma 4L?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't they the same? Same engine from 05-13 so I don't see a difference
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
The headers changed for increased efficiency in '09. They have a swept back design versus the previous with a log design. They also have more directional primaries than the previous. And a swap from '05 to '09 style will yield a butt dyno increase in performance.

The Y-pipes, might have very slight differences, but are interchangeable just the same. I don't think that the Y-pipe's design was changed though.

All of the components I just listed, are interchangeable up to '11. In '12 they have a new non interchangeable design with the prior years.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
What are the "non-interchangable" differences made in the 12+'s ?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Tor

+1 for info
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
What are the "non-interchangable" differences made in the 12+'s ?
Something to do with that smog pump or something? I am not entirely sure. I just remember Gadget wanting members' trucks for testing and because they were different. They the aftermarket DTLTs he sell are listed as their own aside from the '05-'11, as well.

http://urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Headers-...duct_info.html

I have never personally seen the '12+ OEM headers nor the new '12+ DTLTs.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Awesome thank you guys!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
So how much more hp and torque do the '09+ engines have than previous years?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about swapping the 09 and up's on my 08 for a little more flow, but after a call to the dealer and a crazy high price I passed.
I would consider putting them on if someone was updating to headers and wanted to get rid of them at a low price.

Brett
Old 03-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
I thought about swapping the 09 and up's on my 08 for a little more flow, but after a call to the dealer and a crazy high price I passed.
I would consider putting them on if someone was updating to headers and wanted to get rid of them at a low price.

Brett
I would look in the classifieds section and/or make a thread. There seems to be a lot of guys swapping out for Doug Thorleys. Good luck
Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f5sp View Post
I would look in the classifieds section and/or make a thread. There seems to be a lot of guys swapping out for Doug Thorleys. Good luck
These are what I been looking at. I know there cheap and unpredictable, but for almost the price of DT headers alone, it's worth a try to find out if they would fit the 09.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #15
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
not the best photos but just something for reference.
2012 and up

2005-2008. 2009-2011 have a more refined design.
Looks nice.......washing machine that is