Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

got magnaflow this shits too quiet

Old 03-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #41
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Problem solved.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I just got an 18" Magnaflow and I love it. If it does get louder as it breaks in thats fine with me. I really love the tone it gives my exhaust.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a Raptor muffler $30 bucks loud and sounds like a magnaflow
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #44
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
forgive my oldness but I understand you to say "it sounds great from outside, but I cant hear it in the cab"...to me you have the perfect situation unless you prefer to impress yourself more than others?. Trust me-even at your age the constant drone inside the cab will eventually drive ya nuts.
X2. I completely agree, I have the magnaflow muffler also and it sounds good. Deep and throaty, but not loud at all till you step on it a little. There is no droan at all crusing down the highway. Oh but I have the 22 inch muffler. It's my dd and my family station wagon if you will. Didn't want anything too loud but just a little sound and rumble over stock.
I have noticed that it has gotten a little louder now compared to when it was new.

I'm done with the flowmaster mufflers ( I still got on my 85' pickup ) shits just too loud and headaches suck.

Go with a nice mellow sound inside and a louder sound outside! Magnaflow!!

Thanks

Brett
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #45
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Problem solved.
Are those the electric cut off's i have herd about?
You can open up your exhaust in the middle with the flip of a switch?!?!?!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #46
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Ah, I misinterpreted your meaning. My bad

EDIT: Yeah I imagine once you start getting around the "brown" noise, you would need to change your britches haha
no worries me amigo. but yeah, i try my best to change them before the stains get so heavy that they get set in lmao jk of course. i have considered trying to find a trd exhaust though just because im looking to swap to all trd. they are discontinued but there are still places you can get them. also want to get my hands on the trd headers. again, hard to find, but i think will be worth it once i get my hands on them. also may be selling the cai soon and going to the stock airbox with a trd air filter and a deck plate mod done. that way i can install a snorkel too
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #47
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
Are those the electric cut off's i have herd about?
You can open up your exhaust in the middle with the flip of a switch?!?!?!
Yep. I have a pair on my 460 stang and it goes from badass to beautiful.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #48
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Yep. I have a pair on my 460 stang and it goes from badass to beautiful.
well damn thats pretty sweet....
Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #50
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Vid of said Mustang? That sounds so badass.
No use. The mic starts cracking and you can't really hear the rich sound. Speaking of which, summer is coming up so that means is comes out of storage
Old 03-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #51
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
This is a little involved but I had a setup like this for loudness an to pas inspections.
I put in a cutout ... So I was running a aero or the regular exhaust.

Or you could cit the cats off bust out the insides ( sell the scrap) tHen weld them back on.....
Both wrk
But the first option is legal
Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #52
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get me wrong here, I have a 68 dodge utiline pickup with headers and glasspacks...but it isn't a daily driver...

the folks who live in the areas you drive would appreciate a working exhaust system...

Howard
Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #53
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
no worries me amigo. but yeah, i try my best to change them before the stains get so heavy that they get set in lmao jk of course. i have considered trying to find a trd exhaust though just because im looking to swap to all trd. they are discontinued but there are still places you can get them. also want to get my hands on the trd headers. again, hard to find, but i think will be worth it once i get my hands on them. also may be selling the cai soon and going to the stock airbox with a trd air filter and a deck plate mod done. that way i can install a snorkel too
let me know when you sell it, pmed you on this too if your rigs got the 3.4l i want it

Edit: whats the deck plate mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
Don't get me wrong here, I have a 68 dodge utiline pickup with headers and glasspacks...but it isn't a daily driver...

the folks who live in the areas you drive would appreciate a working exhaust system...

Howard
Its littleton the stuck up ones probably have a shitload of sound insulation in their houses. I figure if nobodys bitched about me and the other 3 neighbors who rip around the neigbhborhood on atv's, or the guy 3 blocks away with the straight piped mustang and jeep, nobodys gonna give me shit if i do make it louder.

An update though it seems to be getting louder the more i drive so maybe it just needs to break in.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #54
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

97T's Tacoma Gallery
aight i looked at the muffler and id say its only a foot long or so, so i dont think its the 18" one. Took a video which im uploading now
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #55
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
as i said sounds great outside the truck

http://youtu.be/euO9f0xPDOc
Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #56
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
and this is after i said i wanted it to be loud, sounds good outside but unless im getting on it cant hear it inside the cab .... im thinking i shoulda straight piped it ... i have friends with magnaflows on their silverados and their rigs are way louder
It gets louder with time, not hey look at me I'm a jackass loud, but a nice tone, u can hear it but not drenched out the cab, give it 5 thousam miles and it should be broken in
Old 03-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #57
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
all right ill wait it out, but as i said before, my integra was "jackass loud" 2.25" apexi n1 catback
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #58

Quote:
let me know when you sell it, pmed you on this too if your rigs got the 3.4l i want it

Edit: whats the deck plate mod?

Its littleton the stuck up ones probably have a shitload of sound insulation in their houses. I figure if nobodys bitched about me and the other 3 neighbors who rip around the neigbhborhood on atv's, or the guy 3 blocks away with the straight piped mustang and jeep, nobodys gonna give me shit if i do make it louder.

An update though it seems to be getting louder the more i drive so maybe it just needs to break in.
And the deck plate mod is sort of like a DIY CAI. It's where you cut a hole in your factory air box and put a deck plate in it, that way you can open the deck plate and get a higher airflow with the sound and small performance gain. And it's a hell a lot cheaper lol. Check out the 1st gen DIY thread. They have a write up on it
Old 03-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #59
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all right ill wait it out, but as i said before, my integra was "jackass loud" 2.25" apexi n1 catback
Lol if that's what you want, straight pipe it, or put a flow master 40 on it, that will get you loud, or even just a thin glass pack, yes everyone I know magnaflow is a glass pack too, a rice rocket one would work good if u need loud
Old 03-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #60
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
i had a flow 40 on my last truck it was quiter, so im sticking with this unless it dont get louder and i dont like it no more