Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aero Turbine 2525XL pics

Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Aero Turbine 2525XL pics

I've ordered a AT2525XL for my 4.0L and was wondering if anyone has any pics of the muffler installed that they'd like to share. I've searched everywhere and while there are tons of vids/sound clips, I can't find any pics of the actual muffler on a truck.

I know with other mufflers, people tend to go with the center/offset design and I'd like to see how people managed with a straight muffler installed. Was there any issues get either pipes connected to the inlet or outlet? Were any hangers installed?

Any helps would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Bump....anyone?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery

Sorry for shitty try photos. I love the sound. And I am in New England and had a ton of salt on this thing. Good thing it has lifetime rust out warranty.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Much appreciated. Did you do the install yourself? Anything I should be concerned about? Is there anything you'd do differently? Are you dumped after the axle?

And I'm on the east coast of Canada, I'm all too familiar with the salt.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
LennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to all
Law Enforcement:
LennyTheLip's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have one, but found this clip on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRA_MA2xy_o
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDave View Post
Much appreciated. Did you do the install yourself? Anything I should be concerned about? Is there anything you'd do differently? Are you dumped after the axle?

And I'm on the east coast of Canada, I'm all too familiar with the salt.
I did not install it myself. I had a muffler shop cut out the factory muffler and weld in the 2525XL. I did cut off the exhaust tube just after the axle as you can see in the first picture. I have the 4.0l with the automatic trans and I was getting an very annoying drone at 1200-1300 RPMs. Once I cut it off on the down turn I immediately noticed the drone was gone. In it's place is a a more noticeable throaty sound which is slightly louder which I liked much better.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #8
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
So after a bit of grief getting the muffler shipped from the US to Canada, it finally arrive

I had it installed as quickly as possible. (within 12hours) and I must say I really do enjoy the sound. The beauty of this muffler is it doesn't really sound and louder when cruising. For those who have a CAI and enjoy that volume, it's definitely no louder, however, now you don't have to press on it to hear. I like driving around real slow, while trying to keep my RPM's as low as possible and with this muffler the truck sounds unreal when doing so. Below are a couple of pics of the muffler installed. Overall I think it's job well done, however, in hindsight I would have like to see the writing stamped on the muffler pointed down so anyone who bent down to look would see, but that's just me being picky.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
How much did the shops charge you guys for install? (I understand that everywhere will be different, just trying to get an idea)
Not an Aero, but I just had a Magnaflow cut in and welded for $40 from a local exhaust shop. BTW, calling and checking on prices may get you one price, while showing up with the muffler and cash gets you another.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm in Canada, where everything seems to cost more than in the US. With that being said, I didn't shop around. As soon as it came in I went to the first shop that could do it right away.

I was charged an hour labour plus they're "welding misc charge". It was about $125 total.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Yea, the shop that installed mine said $125 as well... I said no and walked out... as I walked out they asked me what I wanted to pay. I offered $80 thinking it was fair.. We agreed at $100 out the door.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
ERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ERMB's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance either of you or both could add a sound clip to this write-up? I've been looking around for some good vid of the xl but not having much luck. The one in this thread someone added sounds a bit odd to me. Thanks for the posts, so far its been very informative.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
chuongzzz is on a distinguished road
chuongzzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDave View Post
So after a bit of grief getting the muffler shipped from the US to Canada, it finally arrive

I had it installed as quickly as possible. (within 12hours) and I must say I really do enjoy the sound. The beauty of this muffler is it doesn't really sound and louder when cruising. For those who have a CAI and enjoy that volume, it's definitely no louder, however, now you don't have to press on it to hear. I like driving around real slow, while trying to keep my RPM's as low as possible and with this muffler the truck sounds unreal when doing so. Below are a couple of pics of the muffler installed. Overall I think it's job well done, however, in hindsight I would have like to see the writing stamped on the muffler pointed down so anyone who bent down to look would see, but that's just me being picky.

Did u need add more pipe for it , mine they add more pipe to make it even cause thr inlet higher than outlet and the Aero 2525 is straight in & out
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
ERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ERMB's Tacoma Gallery
Same issue here they even moved the exhaust further under the cab which I was not pleased about. Turned out pretty good in the end just wish it were further back.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #16
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
Chuongzzz,

No they didn't add any pipe, there was enough play to make them line up and by doing so it actually made the muffler tuck up a little higher. Since it's gotten nice out (I'm up in Canada), I've been driving alot more with the rear window open and I do hear a bit of a rattle in the exhaust, especially during idle when the engine is cold. Not sure if it's related because I haven't had a chance to get under and look.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post

I can get better close-ups if anyone wants them.
Is that a Tom Woods one piece driveshaft. Aluminum too. Very nice.