AEM Brute Force 82 49.10%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Bsaint21 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners mate
Bsaint21's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up K&N vs AEM

Im looking for the BEST intake. SO im gunna take a poll.

K&N 77 series

or

AEM Brute Force
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
urd
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure what the brute force is but i have the K$N and i like it
Old 02-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i voted aem, as you can get them in dry filter versions, but i like afe better than any of them. and the urd cai is awesome too.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
TRD/AFE are the best designed intakes on the market. MAF placement, tube size, tube shape, tube construction.. all are very important in designing a good intake.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
Mattcrf22 is on a distinguished road
Mattcrf22's Tacoma Gallery
Will I see a big difference in performance if I put either of those on my 4 cylinder Tacoma?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up the K&N drop in works the same if you ask me. I also removed the 2nd filter too.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

4 cylinder and tacoma shouldnt even be in the same sentence. but sure shoot for it bud.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I went with the AEM Brute Force Intake. I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the outcome! The Sound and feel of the truck is amazing now. Give it a nice roar when Im drivin and get up to about 2500-3000 RPM's.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
AFE Si
Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
MIKEjONES is on a distinguished road
MIKEjONES's Tacoma Gallery
I own a 04 taco 3.4 when I first got it I put a cai on it from volant in the pic they showed it is in a seal box I thought when I got it in the mail I and put it together I noticed the intake tube went through a hole in the box allowing hot air in so wrote a review on it on its crapy craftmanship,after looking around k&n,aem,and injen are built simalar,how can a cai (cold air) intake really bring in cooler air 30/40% of is from the compartment.Basically your buying a less resticted intake which will increase HP.But in the case of my year there are no real cais.You also try what my buddy did with his mustang if you have acess to OBD11 scanner with a scope you can read you AIT sensor before installing your intake and then after to see if theres any differance
Old 05-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsaint21 View Post
4 cylinder and tacoma shouldnt even be in the same sentence. but sure shoot for it bud.
4x2 and tacoma shouldn't even be in the same sentence...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
4x2 and tacoma shouldn't even be in the same sentence...
You shut up.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
You shut up.
What did I say in parenthesis?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
You shut up.
x2 mine might be a 4x2. I sort of hope not but it probably will be.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
x2 mine might be a 4x2. I sort of hope not but it probably will be.
I think a very powerful I4 belongs in the truck more than no transfer case. Just me and what goals I pursued with my truck, dont care what anyone else thinks

Just kidding but really, i would take a 4x4 4 cyl over a 4x2 V-ANYTHING any day
Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What did I say in parenthesis?
Nothing that I can't misquote.

Quote:
I think a very powerful I4 belongs in a Honda. I love Vtec motors.
See what I mean?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing that I can't misquote.

See what I mean?

HAHAHAH that reminds me of a story. My roomate drives a new civic and he dropped me off at a party once. There were two guys on the sidewalk who ask him if they could hear the Vtech in action. They were clearly mocking him and he thought it was a compliment, but I just let him go on thinking that
Old 05-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #19
Bourbon

Lmao
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #20
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
I think a very powerful I4 belongs in the truck more than no transfer case. Just me and what goals I pursued with my truck, dont care what anyone else thinks

Just kidding but really, i would take a 4x4 4 cyl over a 4x2 V-ANYTHING any day
Say what? I'm getting a V6...dunno what planet you're on. jk Nice story though. haha!