LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

dt shorties, urd y-pipe, urd mk2

Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #41
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Sometime around '08 +, (not exactly sure when)Toyota changed the catback tubing from 2.25" to 2.5".

The 2012 definitely has a 2.5". So to answer your question SoCalTacos, No. You OEM catback will not be a huge limiting factor if you add in the URD Y-pipe.

If you were going to be boosted, then I would say a 3" catback and the URD Y-pipe mod.

An example of how the URD Y performs, with headers, intake, & OEM catback can be seen in the link for Lucario Runner's 4Runner:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...-w-mods-3.html

His power went up by 26whp and 30wtq by the end of the run. Just by adding the Y-pipe. It made a significsignificant difference, and still sounds 'tame' with his OEM catback. Which also has a small resonator.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #42
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you good sir......................gunna eat dinner and crash.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #45
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
His power went up by 26whp and 30wtq by the end of the run.
WOW! That's quite impressive...
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #46
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
So I ordered my maf cal, dtlt, and y pipe from gadget today. He said he could load up all the components onto the maf cal but I should fine tune it myself. I've never "fine tuned" a maf cal before so I talked to a shop in Huntington beach (gadgets referral) and they quoted me $425 to dyno as it sits, fine tune to all components, then dyno after....seems a bit steep, but what do I know?
Is it that complicated to fine tune a maf unit?
I'm assuming ill need a laptop, the connector from maf to laptop and my truck...am I missing something?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #47
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
So I ordered my maf cal, dtlt, and y pipe from gadget today. He said he could load up all the components onto the maf cal but I should fine tune it myself. I've never "fine tuned" a maf cal before so I talked to a shop in Huntington beach (gadgets referral) and they quoted me $425 to dyno as it sits, fine tune to all components, then dyno after....seems a bit steep, but what do I know?
Is it that complicated to fine tune a maf unit?
I'm assuming ill need a laptop, the connector from maf to laptop and my truck...am I missing something?
That price is pretty steep, but I really don't know that value of that myself... You'll also need a wideband so that you know what your AFR is at a given point in time.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #49
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
after talking to gadget, he says my truck is going to sound like bees without getting an exhaust/muffler....stock apparently isnt going to cut it with the upgrades. who can point me to a subtle exhaust?
G has catbacks on urdusa.com

I went with the mk2 since its SS, and I may go f/I later.

U can also get a combination magnaflow with a resonator, or 2 magnas inline.

There's a few writeups on xru

Im off to bed here in a minute and on my phone.....im sure mem, luc, or tor can link ya.

Sorry, been a rough week and I spent most the day in urgent care or asleep, so my computer isn't on.....been posting via pone and its not link friendly.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #50
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
after talking to gadget, he says my truck is going to sound like bees without getting an exhaust/muffler....stock apparently isnt going to cut it with the upgrades. who can point me to a subtle exhaust?
Unless you want to purchase a full exhaust, the Justus has said it right. For the time being, just get a good flowing decently sized (length) Magnaflow muffler. Measure the O.D. of your exhaust tubing first, just to be on the safe side. Then pick up a length that is on the longer side, if you plan on doing straight through. It will be the current cheapest alternative, to purchasing a full exhaust.

And later on, if you so please, you could upgrade to a full exhaust. Once you weigh the choices, it will be clear which is best for you.

www.planetmagnaflow.com
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #52
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think the muffler is the correct route for me...what's the point/rationale behind stacking 2 mufflers?
Seen it on a few x runners.
2 straight through mufflers will still flow fine, but will really quiet down the ride
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #53

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think the muffler is the correct route for me...what's the point/rationale behind stacking 2 mufflers?
Seen it on a few x runners.
Magna don't usually come with resonators, and with certain other exhaust components u get a bad raspy sound at higher rpm....a resonator or second straight thru muffler will help.

On another note, I just got off the phone recently with URD and goodies will possibly be shipped out today. Some parts had just come in this AM, and they were about to call me to let me know.

URD is awesome...... thank you guys!

As for the dyno.....I called around and the shops listed were either out of business, run only for smog, or don't like imports and have an attitude....kinda sad, I mean money is money right?

Maybe its time for a road trip....ill have time in august
Old 04-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #57
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hate when shop have a posh attitude. Disgusting.
That's where you come in, "Hey I've got a Toyota Tacoma I would like to dyno and was wondering how much hp your dyno can handle?" "Psshh a Tacoma? Really?... Our dyno can handle 800hp" "Oh well nevermind then, I don't want to break your dyno. Have a nice day"

haha Except most dyno probably handle a high amount anyway so that probably wouldn't work.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #59
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hehe. That day will be a fun one.

I already know of a shop that I cannot wait to do that on!
Nice! The other alternative would be to show up acting like you haven't done anything more than add a "small" turbo to the motor and you were just curious what kind of power it bumper it up to from the factory 190. haha Probably wouldn't work once they looked under the hood but maybe you'll get somebody that isn't all that familiar with turbos and such. haha