Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

dt shorties, urd y-pipe, urd mk2

Old 04-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #61
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
And then say, "Where did that come from?!" Lol
There you go. Just play dumb and act like you were only expecting like 8lbs of boost and like 300hp. Haha.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #62
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
2 days.......
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #63
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #65
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Haven't tracked my packages...I wanna be surprised when I get home.
I gotta time mine with installation help...........im sure 4 hands are better than 2 installing these items.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #67
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so i received my long tubes, maf cal, o2 sensors today....no y pipe.
theyre shipping it out on wednesday, so im at least another week out from install...cant wait.
Sweet!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #68

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
theyre shipping it out on wednesday, so im at least another week out from install...cant wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Sweet!
What Brady said x2...........
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #70
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I sense POWA!
I sense more noise and butt-dyno assessments
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #71

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Sweet!
Quote:
I sense POWA!
I did just rip a huge fart.......

Do that count as boost?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #72

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
I sense more noise and butt-dyno assessments
I've called three shops and haven't found a dyno, despite promising leads online.

I don't think I have made a single hp claim on the butt dyno, and don't intend to.

Living on the central coast has great benefits....performance shops and dynos are not 1 of them sadly.

Find a dyno and a place that can tune within an hours drive of 93401, and ill go.... the closest I found here was a smog only dyno, and the guy who craps on anything "import".
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #73

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Runnin low on options, and no vacation time till august....any help is appreciated
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #74
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I've called three shops and haven't found a dyno, despite promising leads online.

I don't think I have made a single hp claim on the butt dyno, and don't intend to.

Living on the central coast has great benefits....performance shops and dynos are not 1 of them sadly.

Find a dyno and a place that can tune within an hours drive of 93401, and ill go.... the closest I found here was a smog only dyno, and the guy who craps on anything "import".
Hey, just kidding! That's why I added the smileys. I've been watching this thread and am anxiously awaiting the results as I'd like to see some results that have some semblance to reality.

BTW, my opinion is that I'd run the setup you've bought, as is, with only the stock MAF cali map as given by Gadget for your mods. Get an ultragauge/scangauge/somesuch and watch your fuel trims. Only if the trims are off would I look for tuning.

As for dynos, I assume that you've looked at the dynojet web page and found their list of dynos? Not sure if Mustang has the same type of list.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #75

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Hey, just kidding! That's why I added the smileys. I've been watching this thread and am anxiously awaiting the results as I'd like to see some results that have some semblance to reality.

BTW, my opinion is that I'd run the setup you've bought, as is, with only the stock MAF cali map as given by Gadget for your mods. Get an ultragauge/scangauge/somesuch and watch your fuel trims. Only if the trims are off would I look for tuning.

As for dynos, I assume that you've looked at the dynojet web page and found their list of dynos? Not sure if Mustang has the same type of list.
Gotcha.... I heard mustangs tend to be off, so id rather stay away. Please correct me if im wrong..

Got an ultra.... ill keep an eye on em

Crap, I don't think I tried the simple "dynojet facilities" thing.....thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #76
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Gotcha.... I heard mustangs tend to be off, so id rather stay away. Please correct me if im wrong..

Got an ultra.... ill keep an eye on em

Crap, I don't think I tried the simple "dynojet facilities" thing.....thanks!
My "understanding" is that the Mustangs are as good as the Dynojets, just that the Mustangs tend to output higher numbers. My feel is that as long as the dyno you use is consistent across pulls then use it, but if you want to make comparisons across dyno pulls and dyno types, then all bets are off. Operators, facilities and "normalization" curves that are applied make comparisons very error prone. I.e., dyno the same configuration on different days and you will very likely get different results, dynos are a measuring device and definitely have acceptable measurement error ranges.

Now, this being said, note that I have never used a dyno,,, to cheap. My mods are low cost and the cost of a dyno just doesn't make sense to me. I'll stick with 0-60, 1/4 mile times,,, and yes, I realize the errors that can be attributed to this type of measurement to.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #78

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thank u sir

So I need to find a guy named Eddie?

Or avoid Eddie?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #80

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Sonnnnuva................