Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

dt shorties, urd y-pipe, urd mk2

Old 03-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up GOOOODIES

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

and here we have....stuff!

this is just the exhaust, y pipe, and 02 sims/extensions......headers came in a diff box... Shoe size is 13EEEE for reference

anyone who knows our cat, knows he isnt small

never realised how big a 3" exhaust was....FML.swallowed a pepsi can with room to spare

Diego doing QC

Thorley Long Tubes Version 2.0

HP in a box

b4 and after

y pipes

Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Sadly, I hear a blower whine in the near future after some overtimes......damnit
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Sadly, I hear a blower whine in the near future after some overtimes......damnit
sadly? SADLY?? I'm failing to see the downside here

I would love to mount up a set of short tubes! I also do not want long tubes.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
sadly? SADLY?? I'm failing to see the downside here

I would love to mount up a set of short tubes! I also do not want long tubes.
sadly because rubber is expensive and I think Ill be going through a lot

plus if i go that route I may lose the URD intake and I love that thing
Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
The mk2 really doesn't have the sc whine... its just makes the engine louder honestly. I rode in brokentusks truck and found the charger to be pretty subtle really
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
The mk2 really doesn't have the sc whine... its just makes the engine louder honestly. I rode in brokentusks truck and found the charger to be pretty subtle really
shit, I meant the MK2 exhaust................sorry,

future mod will be the TRD blower with pulley, or the URD blower
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
I was under the impression from reading some posts on XRU, that the exhaust with Y pipe was to free flowing and lost bottom end, plus was kind of loud.

Airbox wise, Murderface did some work on hs truck and found the best setup with the SC was a Volant Scoop with an AFE Stage 2 SI airbox hybrided together.

Regardless, Gadget knows best.

PK
so far I intend on keeping the URD intake, which is putting a blower on the backburner

ah yes, Murderface...............RIP John
Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
You can still fit the URD TCAI with the TRD S/C, it just takes a little modifying and rearranging.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ai-trd-sc.html

Don't the long tube breathe better than the shorties making longs more ideal for boost? I always hear the argument to not run longs on an N/A motor because you will lose too much back pressure and that the shorties maintain that back pressure. While a boosted motor just needs to get rid of air as fast as possible to make roof for the next intake stroke. Not sure if there is a huge difference between the longs and shorties in reality though.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #12

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
You can still fit the URD TCAI with the TRD S/C, it just takes a little modifying and rearranging.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ai-trd-sc.html

Don't the long tube breathe better than the shorties making longs more ideal for boost? I always hear the argument to not run longs on an N/A motor because you will lose too much back pressure and that the shorties maintain that back pressure. While a boosted motor just needs to get rid of air as fast as possible to make roof for the next intake stroke. Not sure if there is a huge difference between the longs and shorties in reality though.
Im not 100% sure Im gunna boost...........Im tempted, and if I do I can just sell my maf cal, and shorties then and buy new.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to install some shorties, but I can't find a place that I trust that will install them for anything close to what I consider a reasonable price.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
I'd love to install some shorties, but I can't find a place that I trust that will install them for anything close to what I consider a reasonable price.
yeah, I have Lemons Headers about 10 minutes away and Im gunna hit them up....I installed the alarm there a few yrs ago and used to email back and forth with the owner.

Been meaning to ask them where we have a Dyno too

http://www.lemonsheaders.com/main.htm

just 1 of the pics from his "customers cars" gallery

Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #15
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it a problem to get them welded up, or just the entire thing about pulling oem and installing the new exhaust.

Here's why I ask, I have still not gotten around to installing my DTST and oem cats. They still need to be welded. The guy I plan to have weld them is an aerospace certified welder that is way into hot rods. He could in effect, build a jig from the oem manifolds and from that weld up ST headers to almost any combination of any brand st header to any aftermarket cat.

This could in theory make installing ST headers almost plug and play.

PK
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #16
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
The short tubes are not a problem, as I understand it, it's just a fair amount of work to pull them off, cut the cats, align and weld them on and re-install. But I would want to find a shop that I trust since anything not done right more then likely means having to pull them back off. When I checked with some recommended shops they were quoting 5-600 to do that work. I could accept 300, anything more is just not worth it to me.

Another person had posted about a jig setup, but for me I lack a welder (which I could take them too) and wood working skills and the ability to have the truck down while I do this work. To many variables for me to take on alone.

I'd recommend ensuring you have someone that can do this work for an acceptable price before you buy the headers.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #17

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The short tubes are not a problem, as I understand it, it's just a fair amount of work to pull them off, cut the cats, align and weld them on and re-install. But I would want to find a shop that I trust since anything not done right more then likely means having to pull them back off. When I checked with some recommended shops they were quoting 5-600 to do that work. I could accept 300, anything more is just not worth it to me.

Another person had posted about a jig setup, but for me I lack a welder (which I could take them too) and wood working skills and the ability to have the truck down while I do this work. To many variables for me to take on alone.

I'd recommend ensuring you have someone that can do this work for an acceptable price before you buy the headers.
agreed...................XRU has gotten me to think twice.

Now Im going for longtubes

gunna call G right now, he left a messege

any good install pages u know of for any of these.......... long tubes, URD Y-pipe, URD MK2 Exhaust?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #18

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Order placed...........Thanks Gadget!

BTW, I went with DTLT's
+gaskets

02 sims

02 sim extension harness

MK2 Exhaust

URD Y-Pipe
+ gaskets
Old 03-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Order placed...........Thanks Gadget!

BTW, I went with DTLT's
+gaskets

02 sims

02 sim extension harness

MK2 Exhaust

URD Y-Pipe
+ gaskets
Pretty sure just the 2wd one. (Not 100% on that). 4wd's have the transfer case in the way so the y-pipe has to go around it. 2wd's don't have this issue so I think you will be fine with the 2wd y-pipe.

... Wow I was way late on that... Anyway, Enjoy!! And let us know how loud it gets. That combo is going to be pretty damn loud from what I have read.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #20

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Pretty sure just the 2wd one. (Not 100% on that). 4wd's have the transfer case in the way so the y-pipe has to go around it. 2wd's don't have this issue so I think you will be fine with the 2wd y-pipe.

... Wow I was way late on that... Anyway, Enjoy!! And let us know how loud it gets. That combo is going to be pretty damn loud from what I have read.
Thanks!

Yeah, Ive been around XR combing through threads and Im prepared to KEEP my existing Magnaflow in the garage just in case I need to use 2 straight through mufflers.