Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance mods 06 4.0 tacoma

Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Semperfi87 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0481 landing Support
Semperfi87's Tacoma Gallery
Performance mods 06 4.0 tacoma

I have an 06 tacoma Prerunner and I would love to lovin it up a bit overall truck runs great but any suggestions on a few mods that would make a difference any help would be great thank you
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
supercharger
Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the supercharger, it's the best bang for the buck. Exhausts and intake companies overstate what gains their products will give you.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Semperfi87 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0481 landing Support
Semperfi87's Tacoma Gallery
I've looked into the supercharger but its just out of my price range right now other than a supercharger for the moment any other bolt ins that will help any
Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi87 View Post
I've looked into the supercharger but its just out of my price range right now other than a supercharger for the moment any other bolt ins that will help any
The only "solid" gains that I have heard of is the CAI intake from URD, URD also sells the MAF Calibrator which I have installed on my 4.0, any cat-back exhaust systems are going to net very little gains for the amount of money invested. A URD intake and the MAF Calibrator with the mapping programmed for the intake will get you a noticeable boost. The intake requires that you cut a hole in the radiator monting frame to pass the intake tube through and the MAF Calibrator has to be soldered onto 6 of the wires that are part of the harness that goes into your truck's ECU (computer), it's located behind the glove box. These are not the easiest things to do but with everything I have read on this forum and from my own experience, it's got some hard data to back it up rather than outlandish claims.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Yep........go to URDUSA.com

Be prepared to say goodbye to ur wallet ...then enjoy the new toys
Old 03-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Check out the N/A link in my sig. Then post up any questions you may have.

OP, this man right here, is the, well, you know the analogy of the wise man on the mountain top? When it comes to 4.0 performance son, this is THE dude.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
OP, this man right here, is the, well, you know the analogy of the wise man on the mountain top? When it comes to 4.0 performance son, this is THE dude.