Notices

engine mods

Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
ROMYER8313 is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry Division,1st battalion, Bravo company, second platoon
Name: robert
ROMYER8313's Tacoma Gallery
engine mods

i was just wondering what i would have to do to my engine to make it strong enough to withstand over 400hp? as of right now i have a trd supercharger, Doug thorley headers, 2.55" pulley, seventh injector and 61lb upgraded fuel injectors, afe cai, and ucon ems, oh and upgraded fuel pump. i was looking at putting these parts in my truck later down the road, IPT Modified Valve Body, Molnar technologies H-beam connecting rods, TTC Performance 1grfe camshaft,1grfe valve springs. is there anything else that i would need to? it is going to be a couple of years before i can afford to put these parts in but this is my wish list for future mods.
with the mods that i have on my truck right now what do you think my HP would at? if i was to re-gear my truck and get it tuned along with my mods that i currently have on the truck what do you think my HP would be at?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
You are running the 2.55" pulley right now? Have you dyno'd your truck yet? I am positive that you have already sent a few datalogs back and forth with Gadget.

I didn't see any exhaust components, besides headers, listed. Do you have any? If not, you are holding back your power. Big time.

As for future mods, you will need pistons as well.

Seeing as you mentioned Molnar rods, I have a strong hunch that you have been on XRU. Since Dezod is a vendor there and not here. They also have every thing else you need to make your engine durable past 400whp.

Rods, pistons, Head studs, head gaskets. Valve train complements those necessities.

If you are running the 2.55" pulley, how long have you been running it?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
ROMYER8313 is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry Division,1st battalion, Bravo company, second platoon
Name: robert
ROMYER8313's Tacoma Gallery
for exhaust i have the magnaflow pro series off road catback system but a little modified to extend back to my spare tire. i have had the 2.55 pulley for a couple of weeks now and i have not yet dyno'd my truck yet. i have also removed all the cats for better flow.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Subd

Brett