1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TTC Performance, any input?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by MindOVERMatter, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Apr 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    MindOVERMatter

MindOVERMatter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Tampa Bay area FL.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    I know the consensus around here is to just throw on a trd supercharger if you're looking for real hp/tq gains and call it a day.

But what about those who are more interested in building the internals and having a reliable n/a beast?

It looks like Eric from TTC Performance is the only person currently making the 1grfe 4.0 camshafts. Does anybody around here have experience with this company?

Look here: http://www.ttcperformanceproducts.com/1g4ca.html

I'm interested in pairing the stage 2 N/A cams with either an AEM or UCON EMS( if gadget starts selling any time soon )

What kind of gains would I be looking at realistically?

My current mods:
    Short tube headers
    afe stage 2
    urd y-pipe
    custom 2.5 exhaust with a vibrant resonator and aero turbine 2525
    all v-bands
    No tune

2. Apr 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Gadget already sells the UCON.

I helped Dezod get Molnar forged rods, by using one of my spares, recently. Dezod also has a FULL line up of internal components for the 1GR.

http://www.dezod.com/cat_engine4.cfm

They will be much cheaper than TTC. Trust me. Already worked with TTC in the past. Great fellow, just more expensive. Unless his prices have recently changed?

The cams are not brand new cams. They are re-worked factory cams. Best to use your own as it will save a lot of headache when dealing with the bucket shims. You can send them to LC Engineering to have them done, or to the source themselves. Web Camshafts.

Just tell them what you are looking for. N/A and S/C, or turbo.

I will tell you this, that two similar vehicles, but one with only a bolt on s/c and the other with just cams, that they cam'd 1GR will be quicker. Compliments of the UAE member and friends.

3. Apr 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    MindOVERMatter

MindOVERMatter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Tampa Bay area FL.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Damn coming from the man himself....

That's what I like to hear Torspd!! Plus the raw sound of a built n/a is alot more appealing than the trd whine, imo.

How long do you think the turn around time would be if I sent the cams to LCE? I know it's prob best to just call and find out...

Yea ill be ordering the cometic head gasket and studs from dezod to install at the same time as the cams.

In your opinion which is the more powerful EMS? UCON or AEM?

Products Discussed in

To Top