Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How 2 Disable VSC?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
TacoOwner is on a distinguished road

Name: Pat
TacoOwner's Tacoma Gallery
How 2 Disable VSC?

Can anyone tell me how to permanently disabled the VSC on a 2011 4X4 or comparable? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried holding the button down for 5 secs? That usually makes VSC system shut off completely

Or permanently as in you don't ever want it to turn on again when you turn the truck on and off? lol if you want that then im clueless
Old 04-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
ABS bypass switch will kill ABS and VSC
Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #4

Yes I am sick of pushing the button. Often I am in deep sand trouble when I remember I should have done it.
Permanently is what I want.
OZ-T Can you elaborate? Where do I find the bypass and is it as simple as a unplug? Will this cause warning lights and trouble codes a plenty?
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoOwner View Post
Yes I am sick of pushing the button. Often I am in deep sand trouble when I remember I should have done it.
Permanently is what I want.
OZ-T Can you elaborate? Where do I find the bypass and is it as simple as a unplug? Will this cause warning lights and trouble codes a plenty?
Thanks for the info.
What model Tacoma do you have , there are a few different mods
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can anyone tell me how to permanently disabled the VSC on a 2011 4X4 or comparable? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What model Tacoma do you have , there are a few different mods
Like OZ asked, there are different methods/solutions depending on your trim level.

I did a write-up that might help: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...y-why-not.html
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #7

Mine is; No TRD, No Locker, yes LSD, Manual Trans
I have buzzed thru the tread you linked. Looks like I can sort out what I need from there. Once I shut this soccer-mom crap down, get my TrueTrac installed, the Taco should suit my needs very well. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine is; No TRD, No Locker, yes LSD, Manual Trans
I have buzzed thru the tread you linked. Looks like I can sort out what I need from there. Once I shut this soccer-mom crap down, get my TrueTrac installed, the Taco should suit my needs very well. Thanks for the help!
Since it's a 2011 4x4 w/ no locker, you can do the mods in my writeup. ABS killswitch will kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and the YWM will enable TRAC in 4LO (ABS has to enabled to make it work).
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #9

Got the YWM done, as well as the fog light mod. Thanks for the help guys!