Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performence mods! HELP need more HP

Old 04-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Performence mods! HELP need more HP

i was thinking of getting headers, but wanted to get some feedback. what are some good parts to add to gain some HP, and CHEAP prices too. if i had the money i would supercharge it but you know
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Hp and cheap dont belong in the same sentence lol
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
forced induction is the only way (in my opinion) to make a real noticeable power difference.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Though everything I have read, seen, installed and talked to, probably your best best is to hit up Gadget over at URD, they have the proven numbers to back up their claims on performance increases. The URD exhaust, intake, MAF Calibrator and headers is probably going to give you the best all around gains that can realistically be had for less money than a S/C. Probably not the cheapest but for proven results and no BS, that's where I would point you to.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
If u wanna get a bit of hp then either do the deckplate mod or cai. With an exhaust and header. Just becareful what size diameter header and exhaust u chose cuz they will give u hp but u might lose low end torque. But like the others said if u want a big noticable increase then forced induction
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
What year model is your truck?
^^^^^

Ur options can be affected depending on year, and engine type.

Please fill us in

EDIT.......info says 2011 V6

So, go with URD................if u don't want a blower, then look into intake, headers, y pipe, exhaust, maf calibrator, uconn..............

Or any number of parts above that u can afford.....hp costs $$
I just dropped close to 2K on a y pipe, headers, and catback exhaust with 02 simulators (no cats)
Old 04-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Emminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil
Emminasian's Tacoma Gallery
How much horsepower will I gain with a cold air intake ? And how much go for headers
Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Emminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil
Emminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a unichil ? Feedback
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emminasian View Post
How much horsepower will I gain with a cold air intake ? And how much go for headers
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...os-w-mods.html

Tor is an encyclopedia of HP
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #11

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone have a unichil ? Feedback
Marcel FTW

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...rogrammer.html
Old 04-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
tacomatrdod is on a distinguished road
tacomatrdod's Tacoma Gallery
A cold air intake is a nice option

But they're incredibly unreliable, and repair bills if it malfunctions include a new engine.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrdod View Post
But they're incredibly unreliable, and repair bills if it malfunctions include a new engine.

still going strong here with URD..............and I drive this truck hard

check XRU for many happy customers.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
i was thinking of getting headers, but wanted to get some feedback. what are some good parts to add to gain some HP, and CHEAP prices too. if i had the money i would supercharge it but you know
Quote:
you know youre not suppose to have more than 1 account on here right?

and intakes dont give you any hp gain at all,...
best bet is to go urd and it aint cheap
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #16
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #17
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
you know youre not suppose to have more than 1 account on here right?

and intakes dont give you any hp gain at all,...
best bet is to go urd and it aint cheap
wtf i didnt even know i was on 2 seperates accounts o.O
Old 04-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
well the names are almost the same and it does have a picture of your truck
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
it looks stock, but with a little zest
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: zach
zach nunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to zach nunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
what year is your truck?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170937987521...84.m1423.l2649
CHEEEPPPP but no doubt these are questionable

my plan is sc,dt headers, have intake, radiator fans, and tune....I hope