LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

LEAK AT URD MK2 EXHAUST

Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
LEAK AT URD MK2 EXHAUST

was I supposed to reuse the factory gasket/crush gasket with the URD MK2 exhaust

got 1 last leak to trace.

dumb question I know.......all I have left is the factory 1, and the 2 crush for the collectors on the headers.

neighbor has to leave and I cant do this alone.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
I think I recall the website saying you could reuse the factory crush gasket...but not sure.
Hope you figure it out bud.
the MK2 exhaust is 3"

factory is 2.25

think it would work?

Im lost

also muffler was center in and center out
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #5

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didnt you get the y pipe too?
yep.urd y pipe
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Just read the urd page and it states it should bolt right up to stock piping...looks like a call to gadget is in order.
I still havent received a tracking number for my y pipe...sam said they should have it Wednesday and ship right away.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
i found a post on xru............

"reuse y pipe to catback gasket"

fml
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
that leak is gone, now im gunna head to the muffler shop in the AM......these guillatine clamps arent exactly making me happy..... time for some welding
Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good luck...cant wait to hear your review of the upgrades.
so far, review is...................get exhaust welded or V bands.
take front wheels off.
have a ton of extensions
buy new manifold gaskets
Be prepared to buy atleast 1 new 02 sensor (1 of mine stripped)
buy new exhaust/y pipe gasket
not 100% sure about my spare tire (its removed right now due to the exhaust rubbing and not having a heat shield on it).

any gains are sorely overshadowed by the tick/psst of a fucking leak.

BUT I am 1 to spot the sound of the faintest rattle or buzz on my vehicles.....ADHD is a motherf_cker

BTW, no shops were open
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Did you order the URD heavy duty header to Y-pipe gaskets?

The OEM ones which go there are one time use. The URD ones, are multiple use.

The OEM Y-Pipe to catback donut is also reusable, and it fits the URD Y.

Unless that donut gasket was in a deteriorating condition, then it should need to be replaced. Your eyes will tell you best.

All of that should clean up your gasket related exhaust leaks.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Did you order the URD heavy duty header to Y-pipe gaskets?

The OEM ones which go there are one time use. The URD ones, are multiple use.

The OEM Y-Pipe to catback donut is also reusable, and it fits the URD Y.

Unless that donut gasket was in a deteriorating condition, then it should need to be replaced. Your eyes will tell you best.

All of that should clean up your gasket related exhaust leaks.

Re used y to catback oem gasket (looks fine)............yup, I ordered 2 sets (just in case) on the header to y pipe connections.

2morro imma head to a shop and get a resonator installed and weld up these seams.

Then its a phone call to the dealer for a blower

3" is way too big for n/a imho combined with the headers and y......so force fed here we come.

I miss my low end grunt, and didn't think it would be sooooo noticable......im not claiming a single hp increase, nor a single number to the tq figures....if I can't dyno it, im not giving claimed/bs numbers.......but I promise the tq curve is not to my liking right now.