Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

WTB, HEADERS EXHAUST INTAKE

Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
WTB, HEADERS EXHAUST INTAKE

I need some suggestions for headers exhaust and cai or if someone is selling there's please hmu!!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
I need some suggestions for headers exhaust and cai or if someone is selling there's please hmu!!
what exactly do u need help with?

intakes................. u have the AFE stage 2 Si (no cooler than stock, but it does away with the stock accordian crap)
U also have URD but it wont do well with deep water crossings.
and the 1st run TRD intakes (made by AFE)

Volant U can get with or without the skewp thingy and may or may not have check engine lights

headers...............

U have JBA

u also have doug thorley short tubes or long tubes.....shorties reuse ur cats (u need to remove and have them welded to the shortie headers)

exhaust..........stay away from flowmaster

otherwise, the exhaust market is waaaaay too vast to sum up in 1 post/thread.

u want loud, performance, rasp, dual, single, cat back, just a muffler?

Id def suggest NOT going above 2.5" if ur not gunna go with forced induction.

check urdusa.com for goodies
Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
edit

pretty much summed things up in ur other thread I thought.

unless u meant to post this in the buy/sell/trade section?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...d-more-hp.html

Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
what exactly do u need help with?

intakes................. u have the AFE stage 2 Si (no cooler than stock, but it does away with the stock accordian crap)
U also have URD but it wont do well with deep water crossings.
and the 1st run TRD intakes (made by AFE)

Volant U can get with or without the skewp thingy and may or may not have check engine lights

headers...............

U have JBA

u also have doug thorley short tubes or long tubes.....shorties reuse ur cats (u need to remove and have them welded to the shortie headers)

exhaust..........stay away from flowmaster

otherwise, the exhaust market is waaaaay too vast to sum up in 1 post/thread.

u want loud, performance, rasp, dual, single, cat back, just a muffler?

Id def suggest NOT going above 2.5" if ur not gunna go with forced induction.

check urdusa.com for goodies
Thanks for the help! And I'm just trying to see what people recommend for permanent parts as far as the brands , not really looking to make it louder just to perform better lol
Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
colby8100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colby
colby8100's Tacoma Gallery
What I would do is leave stock manifolds if its not forced inducted. just port the manifold to match the gasket. I'd put high flow cats any flow through design Is fine. As far as mufflee that's up to you . After you do what ever you choose you need to have it tuned. The reason I say do that to stock manifold is because most Toyota manifolds flow the same or more than aftermarket just speaking feom experience.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colby8100 View Post
The reason I say do that to stock manifold is because most Toyota manifolds flow the same or more than aftermarket just speaking feom experience.

do tell, I had no idea
Old 04-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #7
colby8100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colby
colby8100's Tacoma Gallery
I havnt messed with newer stuff but a lot of Toyota heads are designed by yamaha and exaught. I am assuming the truck is a v6 lets say (this is what problem I ran into) toyota designed it to be a high velocity and backpressure set up. Since most vvt cams are set up with 0 over lap for emissions the back pressure helps the valves close so they put small ports to keep back pressure and make the velocity high to get the gasses out just as fast as a larger exaught but you keep your low and mid range torque. So through headers 2.5in dual high flow cat and high flow muffler, 2.5 dual is an 800hp rated exaught so back pressure would be decreased so loss of torque loss of gas mileage for what 20hp at 6000rpm. The reason I say port the manifold is because a lot of castings have a lip that causes the gasses to tumble instead of flow. So doing it you reduce turbulence in manifold which increases flow but keeps necessary back pressure for head creating more hp and keeping low end torque. So without cams or boost the stock manifold will flow the best.