Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

best exhaust for base model 2012 STD cab?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
best exhaust for base model 2012 STD cab?

I noticed quite a few requests for exhaust input, so here's another one from a newbie. I noticed a lot of aftermarket exhausts but they all seem to be for the large cabs and 4.0's and none for a standard cab 2.7.

Can anyone here recommend one that they are running with a pic of it? And does anyone know which older year exhausts will also fit a 2012? And will a 4.0 exhaust fit a 2.7?

Thanks, it would be a great help to me.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Just go buy a muffler of choice, have a muffler shop weld it on, much cheaper and same thing.
I have a magnaflow in my 2.7 with the pipe turned down at rear axle. 100$ installed!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm considering that option in the light of there appearing to be no bolt on options. Do you have any pics of your installation, and can you describe how loud it is with the exit in front of the axle?

I do really like Magnaflows and have this one on my car...

...and it's very mellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQjo6tRJU8k
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's kinda loud when you wrap it out but I like it. Sounds real good I think.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I may end up going that route and reusing the stock tail pipe since it's nearly new.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I may end up going that route and reusing the stock tail pipe since it's nearly new.
Yea that's what I would do, I like them dumbed so I took mine off.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #7
laiwoo88 is on a distinguished road
laiwoo88's Tacoma Gallery
hi, everybody talking about magnaflow and flowmaster exhaust and i'm wondering what about the dynomax ultraflow exhaust system 39447, is it good...?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
You mean this one?

Summit Racing has it for only $239. It sounds pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaK0uVOHmOU

I'm running this header...

...with a stock muffler, but it's only a matter of time before I start messing around with the rest of the exhaust.