Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Ordering URD MAF Cal. and have a question

Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Ordering URD MAF Cal. and have a question

I plan to order my URD MAF Cal. tonight for my TRD CAI and TRD Exhaust that are being installed tomorrow. I am wondering if there is any reason to get the MAP even if I don't plan on supercharging in the future?

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Why pay more for what you dont need?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Why pay more for what you dont need?
Well I wouldn't. I just didn't know if there was another advantage to the MAP.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
You will be fine w/o it. The MAP is specifacally for SC set up.

I ran mine for NA set up, and when tuned, I was happier than ever. I recently sold it, thinking Id be upgraded by now, but do to mail issues Im tuneless.

But yeah. Get the NA setup and have them preload a tune fow TRD Intake & Exh. Then from there you will be able to tune further, with the right tools of coarse...
Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Random, but I've been wondering this about most of this forums younger members.... What kind of work do you do to afford all this at 17? I can barely afford to drive my truck to the beach and back. lol.

sorry for the hijack. good luck with the URD MAF
Old 02-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Random, but I've been wondering this about most of this forums younger members.... What kind of work do you do to afford all this at 17? I can barely afford to drive my truck to the beach and back. lol.

sorry for the hijack. good luck with the URD MAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Truck View Post
Prolly Mom and Dad.
My parents bought me a 1999 Toyota Tacoma when I was 14 for 12K. I drove it around the house and crap like that. When I got my license I waited like 6 months and some how managed to sell the 99' for 10K. I had about 7K saved up and my parents said they would pay the other 6K for this truck. I work a lot. Smart with my money. My parents are going to be busy paying for 4 years of tuition at Cornell University next year so I pay for all of this stuff. I have a friend that works for Toyota and gets me TRD parts for a good price but that is between me and him.

I don't take the mommy and daddy paved my way through life shit well BTW. I work for what I get. I got the grades that got me into Cornell (one of the hardest schools in the country). I work my ass off and thats that.

Not saying I'm hard off but I'm not babied.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered. 2 day air. PUMPED!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
sr5boy is on a distinguished road

sr5boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
My parents bought me a 1999 Toyota Tacoma when I was 14 for 12K. I drove it around the house and crap like that. When I got my license I waited like 6 months and some how managed to sell the 99' for 10K. I had about 7K saved up and my parents said they would pay the other 6K for this truck. I work a lot. Smart with my money. My parents are going to be busy paying for 4 years of tuition at Cornell University next year so I pay for all of this stuff. I have a friend that works for Toyota and gets me TRD parts for a good price but that is between me and him.

I don't take the mommy and daddy paved my way through life shit well BTW. I work for what I get. I got the grades that got me into Cornell (one of the hardest schools in the country). I work my ass off and thats that.

Not saying I'm hard off but I'm not babied.

get it!