Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Different Dual Exhaust Idea...thoughts/opinions?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Different Dual Exhaust Idea...thoughts/opinions?

Well since I don't plan on supercharging my truck in the near future, true duals doesn't seem like the best setup for me. However, I was thinking about keeping part of my setup, essentially the "mid pipe" area after the y that runs through my vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Then after the resonator, split it into another "y" and then run two aero 2525's off that y and straight back. Then I could keep my resonator and current aero and just get one more. More of a tuner car type setup but I think it's interesting.

What do you guys think? Or would it just be better to run a y after my current muffler and just 2 pipes out the back and save some cash?

P.s. I don't care if you think duals look stupid on a tacoma, or they should "only be on a V8," I just want opinions on this type of setup
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's a waste of money since you will likely have no performance gains to show for it.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Too much exhaust, our engines will never put out the volume it takes to push exhaust out almost 5" 's of piping. This will also at best put your torque in the high end of your rpm range but most likley you would loose all your bottom end. I thought about something similar my self but after lots of research its just not good on our trucks.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
y pipe it after ur current muffler save some cash and it will be louder than 2 mufflers since there is have the bafflings so it would sound better to me. thats what i did essentially. i actually t'd into the existing pipe at the peak of the bend about the axle and went strait behind the spare and more or less 90* out the back, i didnt have access to a mandrill bender so i had to work with the spare pipe i had and this was the best solution. i cut off the stock end where it 90's out and ran it strait a back as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuuu3ROeDAA
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Would it hurt performance to just have a y after my
Single aero that I have currently to have the dual look? I know none of this is going to help performance much. I just really want some more sound/look. I just wish aero made a dual out muffler too
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
Would it hurt performance to just have a y after my
Single aero that I have currently to have the dual look? I know none of this is going to help performance much. I just really want some more sound/look. I just wish aero made a dual out muffler too
Just keep the pipes at 2 1/4" and u should be fine.