Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How to TRD Exhaust

Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
romiogt is on a distinguished road

romiogt's Tacoma Gallery
How to TRD Exhaust

Im having my dealership install a TRD Exhaust onto my truck and would like to keep them accountable, so does anyone have any photos or can give me some info on how to confirm they do the job right?

Thanks.!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romiogt View Post
Im having my dealership install a TRD Exhaust onto my truck and would like to keep them accountable, so does anyone have any photos or can give me some info on how to confirm they do the job right?

Thanks.!
you shouldnt be paying them to do it.

anyways... you cant fuck it up. two bolts, two rubber hangers, i think my dog put mine on while i was asleep one morning.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
you shouldnt be paying them to do it.

anyways... you cant fuck it up. two bolts, two rubber hangers, i think my dog put mine on while i was asleep one morning.
Lol, it's true. It is that easy to do even a caveman could do it.

Go for it!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Lol, it's true. It is that easy to do even a caveman could do it.

Go for it!
i will say i had a fuck of a time getting the rubber hangers to soften up... a little dawn dish soap and fluid-film, and they walked off.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry about them fucking it up. If they can't properly install that odds are they would have fucked up everything else they've done there and would no longer be employed.

They'd basically have to try and not to it right.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
romiogt is on a distinguished road

romiogt's Tacoma Gallery
They're offering it for no charge, otherwise i wouldnt take it.

My concern isnt them being capable, my concern is them trying to pull a fast one by placing a TRD tip on a regular exhaust...
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My concern isnt them being capable, my concern is them trying to pull a fast one by placing a TRD tip on a regular exhaust...
If they cant put on an exhaust, then they should go work at a fast food place, and sign a contract stating that if they so much as touch a tool of any kind, they will be bitch slapped by Chuck Norris.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Antonicus is on a distinguished road

Antonicus's Tacoma Gallery
Just look underneath. The stock muffler is pretty massive and you should notice an aftermarket under there.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

How'd you manage that? They are giving you the exhaust, or just charging you for the exhaust and not labor? Either way, it'll be pretty obvious. Take a picture of your current exhaust, especially the muffler, and compare with the new one.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Djarmpit is on a distinguished road
Djarmpit's Tacoma Gallery
How does the TRD exhaust compare to other brands?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djarmpit View Post
I'm wondering the same thing
Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #13
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djarmpit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
I'm wondering the same thing
thats a subjective question.

what are the expectations?

drone, rasp, performance, looks, weather resistance, weight?