LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Snorkel and CAI

Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Snorkel and CAI

Anyone running a snorkel hooked in conjunction with a CAI?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Anyone running a snorkel hooked in conjunction with a CAI?
???

You can only run one or the other...
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
what do you mean?

snorkels get their air from outside the engine bay, making them cais

unless you're asking if anyone runs those cone filter setups and a snorkel at the same time?
it's one or the other, unless you have two intakes going into the engine and some way of choosing inbetween the two
Old 04-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Coby I've been wondering the same thing. Kinda wanted to keep my volant and run an airflow snorkel. I think it can be done, its just all in the plumbing inside. I dont see what it could hurt its just the same as running the stock airbox, just minus the baffles.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
what do you mean?

snorkels get their air from outside the engine bay, making them cais

unless you're asking if anyone runs those cone filter setups and a snorkel at the same time?
it's one or the other, unless you have two intakes going into the engine and some way of choosing inbetween the two
Why would you need two intakes???? Snorkel sucks air from outside the engine bay and pulls it through the CAI airbox with cone filter setup. If you plumb it correctly how is it any different than the stock airbox setup inside.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195979

Adds about 5-10 hp, turn on the AC and get 20 more!

CAIs aren't all that special IMO. It's just not as restricted as OEM air box. If you want the best of both worlds, get a snorkel and a drop-in aftermarket filter. I guess you could take it a step further and add a deckplate.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #7
Purveyor of Fun

Wasnt aware you could deckplate a second gen...different airbox designs?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Whoops, disregard that last sentence haha
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Coby I've been wondering the same thing. Kinda wanted to keep my volant and run an airflow snorkel. I think it can be done, its just all in the plumbing inside. I dont see what it could hurt its just the same as running the stock airbox, just minus the baffles.
Ya exactly wat I was thinking after looking at the install of the safari snorkel with the piping going from the snorkel to the stock air box. I was thinking of just attaching a snorkel to my TRD CAI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Why would you need two intakes???? Snorkel sucks air from outside the engine bay and pulls it through the CAI airbox with cone filter setup. If you plumb it correctly how is it any different than the stock airbox setup inside.
YA this^^^^^^