Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

dyno tomorrow around 9am pacific

Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Smile dyno tomorrow around 9am pacific

I found the only local dyno......its a heartbreak tho.

Just how bad are mustang dynos?

Will post numbers tomorrow either way

just in case

does anyone know STRICTLY FROM TRACK OR DYNO EXPERIENCE what the top speed in 4th gear is IN THE 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC for dyno reasons?

please DO NOT post anything about doing it on the street, and do not even post "WHILE IN MEXICO WHERE THERE ARE NO LIMITS I DID XXX IN 4th GEAR TILL REDLINE"

I do not want this thread being locked...............if any moderators see a member posting such nonsense, please delete their post and maybe warn them?

rlly, it would not be fair, and be a total shame for this thread to be locked due to 1 knucklehead since Im sure im not the only 1 wanting to see what the dyno results will be tomorrow.

Thank you
Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Tor, werty, lucario, dave, chris, coupe?

Who am I missing?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! You're the one that is boosted now right? Will be cool to see the numbers!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
What type of dyno is it?
Looks like a mustang dyno according to the OP. Not positive though.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Sweet! You're the one that is boosted now right? Will be cool to see the numbers!
yessir, plus headers/y/exhaust

Quote:
What type of dyno is it?
Quote:
Looks like a mustang dyno according to the OP. Not positive though.
^

Quote:
How did I miss that? Oh well. Won't be too low. As long as they enter the proper parameters for your truck. Watch them andv ask questions. That way you know it will be properly calibrated. It will then have good and accurate numbers.
ill let it slide this time

what all do I need to watch/ask about for parameters?
Never been on a roller

of course, u my friend will def be sent the sheet via pdf
Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
and yes, a AFR meter is in the very near future.........Ill just have him tie into the 02 bung tomorrow at the collectors NOT the primary

then I guess just for fun I should get a boost guage.....
and a pillar pod.

damnit this is expensive
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know STRICTLY FROM TRACK OR DYNO EXPERIENCE what the top speed in 4th gear is IN THE 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC for dyno reasons?

please DO NOT post anything about doing it on the street, and do not even post "WHILE IN MEXICO WHERE THERE ARE NO LIMITS I DID XXX IN 4th GEAR TILL REDLINE"

I do not want this thread being locked...............if any moderators see a member posting such nonsense, please delete their post and maybe warn them?

rlly, it would not be fair, and be a total shame for this thread to be locked due to 1 knucklehead since Im sure im not the only 1 wanting to see what the dyno results will be tomorrow.

Thank you
Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep can't hit 4th gear
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #12

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Jeep can't hit 4th gear
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

Thank you
What size tires you do have and I can give you an estimate using a gear calculator? Unless you can override the top speed limiter I think you will still hit that in 4th gear though...

I should also ask what you redline at? Still 5500 or do you have something to bump that higher?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #14

Saw that your spare is a 265/75R16 so I'd guess that is what your tires are too from the looks of things.

With factory gears, redline at 5500rpm, and 265/75R16's you will redline at about 139mph in 4th gear which is well over the 115mph speed limiter... 3rd gear will redline at about 99mph though.

Big tires or a higher redline will just make the max speed higher.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #15

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What size tires you do have and I can give you an estimate using a gear calculator? Unless you can override the top speed limiter I think you will still hit that in 4th gear though...

I should also ask what you redline at? Still 5500 or do you have something to bump that higher?
Quote:
Saw that your spare is a 265/75R16 so I'd guess that is what your tires are too from the looks of things.

With factory gears, redline at 5500rpm, and 265/75R16's you will redline at about 139mph in 4th gear which is well over the 115mph speed limiter... 3rd gear will redline at about 99mph though.

Big tires or a higher redline will just make the max speed higher.
265/75/16 yessir

I did not mess with the limiter and Im unsure is it got raised with the reflash (good question).

139?!?!?!

thank u for minding the rules and helping out man!

but 139?!

also remember folks, asking about raising the speed governor is against the rules, so pls dont ask about it here.... Much appreciated
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #16

Quote:
265/75/16 yessir

I did not mess with the limiter and Im unsure is it got raised with the reflash (good question).

139?!?!?!

thank u for minding the rules and helping out man!

but 139?!
5th will do 194 mph. haha This is assuming your tires are the exact diameter that the size wall says they are, which they are usually a little smaller. I'm pretty sure the reflash doesn't affect the factory limiters. Only things like a Ucon or APR X-1 and such can change the limiters.

Anyway. Pretty sure you want to dyno it in 3rd man!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #17

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
5th will do 194 mph. haha This is assuming your tires are the exact diameter that the size wall says they are, which they are usually a little smaller. I'm pretty sure the reflash doesn't affect the factory limiters. Only things like a Ucon or APR X-1 and such can change the limiters.

Anyway. Pretty sure you want to dyno it in 3rd man!
3rd isnt 1:1 tho is it?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #18

Quote:
3rd isnt 1:1 tho is it?
No. It is 1.4:1 but they should be able to account for that in the dyno settings. Won't be a perfect dyno, but better than half a dyno. If you dyno in 4th you will hit your speed limiter around 4500-4700rpm depending on the actual diameter of your tires and whether you have your speedo calibrated or not.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No. It is 1.4:1 but they should be able to account for that in the dyno settings. Won't be a perfect dyno, but better than half a dyno. If you dyno in 4th you will hit your speed limiter around 4500-4700rpm depending on the actual diameter of your tires and whether you have your speedo calibrated or not.
This is the statement right here.

Lucario Runner's dyno with his X-1, had a speed of 143 in 4th. I believe.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #20

Quote:
This is the statement right here.

Lucario Runner's dyno with his X-1, had a speed of 143 in 4th. I believe.
Does he have an auto too then?