Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

200 hp and 70 mpg

Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
200 hp and 70 mpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318

does anyone know what the hell these things are? sure it has to be a crock of shit right?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I like that is says it "adds up to 150 HP" and "adds up to 30 MPG". Yeah if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
They are, in fact, crocks of shit. They are a simple $0.05 resistor bought from China that keeps your engine in closed loop. Thus makeing it run rich, and causign many issues down the line. DO NOT BUY!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
alexe is on a distinguished road
alexe's Tacoma Gallery
just pick one up from your local kaleCo auto and save on shipping!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
LOL... what shit.

I love how vampire taps are now "OEM grade connectors".
Well, they probably are on Fords.....
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Well, they probably are on Fords.....
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
The fine print:
Quote:
TunedPerformance is not responsible for any damage to your vehicle. This is very rare and usually due to existing problems!
It is always recommended that you have a professional installer install any products for your car! (this is very easy though)
Haha. I asked him to show the dyno results to prove these claims.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
ill make you one that gets you 400 hp and 140 mpg just send me 100,000 and ill buy you a hybrid and get you a subaru wrx sti.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #9

I just installed 17 of these things!!! My truck had SO MUCH POWER I WENT BACK IN TIME!!!!!

I got to see my Mom and Dad, and then my Mom got a crush on me....and.......I think im starting to slowly disolve.....AAARrrrrrgggggggggg
Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just installed 17 of these things!!! My truck had SO MUCH POWER I WENT BACK IN TIME!!!!!

I got to see my Mom and Dad, and then my Mom got a crush on me....and.......I think im starting to slowly disolve.....AAARrrrrrgggggggggg
i did 20 so im somewhere warm with lava and......holy shit theres a t-rex!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I thought using resistor spark plugs already gave you 1400 horses and 220 MPG?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Isn't that the plot to some movie with a sweet looking pretaco

Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
I thought using resistor spark plugs already gave you 1400 horses and 220 MPG?
Resistor spark plugs help to reduce wasted spark energy. 1400 h.p. is a little much of a claim. I have only seen 1300, but that was a Kenuter valve dyno.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Resistor spark plugs help to reduce wasted spark energy. 1400 h.p. is a little much of a claim. I have only seen 1300, but that was a Kenuter valve dyno.
Ah...my bad. I was using very small horses to compare them with.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Wow... you have a Kenuter valve dyno to use? My local only has the Kfluegen valve one...
I think the Kfluegen one is more accurate. The Kenuter valve dyno only works well when piston return springs are installed in the test engine. Also, with the Kfluegen dyno, you can use an "O" pipe on the vehicle so you dont have to breath exhaust fumes, and you get a littl more power.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be skeptical about any product that says it works with 1990 model of a car that didn't come out till '96.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #17

Hey Chris if I put piston return springs in would I be able to run red spark plug wires?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Hey Chris if I put piston return springs in would I be able to run red spark plug wires?
as long as you install valve adapters.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #19

Quote:
How many horsepower could I get by combining the 'O' pipe and direct exhaust injection?
Not sure yet. I cant keep my truck running with the "O" pipe installed.......I have to call Kale Co. and see what they say.