Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD 2.825 Pulley No tune or Reflash?

Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
lichbanshie is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st Battalion
lichbanshie's Tacoma Gallery
URD 2.825 Pulley No tune or Reflash?

What if I install the URD 2.825 Pulley on my truck and dont tune or Reflash any goods or bads? Im new to the forums by the way itsa my first time posting all the way from Mexico
Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichbanshie View Post
What if I install the URD 2.825 Pulley on my truck and dont tune or Reflash any goods or bads? Im new to the forums by the way itsa my first time posting all the way from Mexico

I have a similar question, but from my research around here, the 2.825 does not require a re-flash. I asked URD regarding tune and of course they recommend having it tuned but as stated, the stock TRD S/C flash should support the slightly smaller pulley. I think it's on the border and anything smaller would require potential ECU piggyback's and rising FPR's?

I have my pulley already, I'm just looking for a write up to take it off/on. Found putting it on write up but not any tips for taking it off. Yeah, I know, instruction with pulley but would like to read anyone else experience in case I need to learn from someone else mistakes.

URD did strongly recommend the URD full pump upgrade. I think I will purchase that as well. My concern was pushing too much fuel but apparently my logic was wrong and the fuel pump upgrade will just help keep fuel pressures up when RPM's rise to avoid getting too lean and not necessarily creating more fuel burn per se. May be off there in my thinking. The injectors are the link for amount of fuel to be combusted.

I suppose the only bad would be voided warranty if you still have one.

So yeah, if anyone knows chime in.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichbanshie View Post
Wait, you have a TRD s/c and no reflash? So you are using the factory injectors and not the TRD injectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
I have a similar question, but from my research around here, the 2.825 does not require a re-flash. I asked URD regarding tune and of course they recommend having it tuned but as stated, the stock TRD S/C flash should support the slightly smaller pulley. I think it's on the border and anything smaller would require potential ECU piggyback's and rising FPR's?

I have my pulley already, I'm just looking for a write up to take it off/on. Found putting it on write up but not any tips for taking it off. Yeah, I know, instruction with pulley but would like to read anyone else experience in case I need to learn from someone else mistakes.

URD did strongly recommend the URD full pump upgrade. I think I will purchase that as well. My concern was pushing too much fuel but apparently my logic was wrong and the fuel pump upgrade will just help keep fuel pressures up when RPM's rise to avoid getting too lean and not necessarily creating more fuel burn per se. May be off there in my thinking. The injectors are the link for amount of fuel to be combusted.

Injectors feed the fuel to the engine. Fuel pump feeds the fuel to the injectors. If the injectors are to small, the engine cannot get enough fuel. If the injectors are the proper size, but the pump is to small, the injectors use more fuel than the pump can supply.

The TRD s/c requires a reflash, IF you don't already have another form of tuning device. The reflash is a tune for larger injectors than stock because the stock ones will be at or over MAX IDC, with approximately 6 psi boost.

With the TRD reflash, you don't need anything more, if you want to install the 2.85 pulley, then you can. Assuming that a fuel pump upgrade has already been done.

There is more capability, with the reflash, but I will leave it at that.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Injectors feed the fuel to the engine. Fuel pump feeds the fuel to the injectors. If the injectors are to small, the engine cannot get enough fuel. If the injectors are the proper size, but the pump is to small, the injectors use more fuel than the pump can supply.

The TRD s/c requires a reflash, IF you don't already have another form of tuning device. The reflash is a tune for larger injectors than stock because the stock ones will be at or over MAX IDC, with approximately 6 psi boost.

With the TRD reflash, you don't need anything more, if you want to install the 2.85 pulley, then you can. Assuming that a fuel pump upgrade has already been done.

There is more capability, with the reflash, but I will leave it at that.
Thanks, - Yeah I had the dealership do my S/C install so they SHOULD have also upgraded the full gamut that came with the kit, upgraded injectors and reflash as to not have me coming in with issues regarding the warranty. I've got 10K miles on the truck and S/C and all has been swell. I feel like it runs ever so slightly rich as is from the amount of soot on my exhaust each week. But yeah, pushing a couple more pounds of air in the upper rpm range having solid fuel pressure to avoid scorching the cylinders

I keep finding ways to spend more money on this truck, I'll order the Fuel pump upgrade as well.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
lichbanshie is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st Battalion
lichbanshie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post

Do you know what specific fuel pump is recommended by URD for a toyota 2010??