Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

SUPERCHARGED 3.4 L STALL

Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
SUPERCHARGED 3.4 L STALL

am desperately seeking help.

Truck: 2003 3.4L V6. 75,000 miles. TRD Supercharger, URD 7th Injector.

My truck just started doing it a few weeks ago. No previous issues ever with the truck. After shifting from 2-3 or 3-4 or 4-5 under load up a steep hill on way to work, truck stalls. No rev, and it doesnt feel like clutch slip. I down shift and give gas as I've lost a ton of speed and it runs ok. Get to 4K RPM and shift again and STALL. It has done it about 6 times all under load, all with a new tank of gas (not sure if that makes a difference).

It kind of feels like my throttle is slipping or just not opening

No codes, no check engine light. And Its sporadic and I can't reproduce it. I need to fix it as its dangerous merging on this steep busy hill and losing all speed. Any help would be awesome. Thank you dudes.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
sounds like it leans out hard, any knock or ping?

or does it just die?
as much info would be kool and ill try and give you help.
read through live data feed at idol and driving?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
sounds like it leans out hard, any knock or ping?

or does it just die?
as much info would be kool and ill try and give you help.
read through live data feed at idol and driving?
It's only done this about 6 times. Completely non reproducible. Every time has been with a new full tank of gas. After clutch is fully out in 4th or 5th gear, throttle won't respond and truck fall on its face. No ping or knock ever. No rev, no backfire. Downshift back to 3rd, clutch out, supercharger spools and truck picks up no problem. Shift back to 4th and its fine.

Had lead service technician at dealer spend all day with truck Monday. Probably cost toyota $500 just paying the guy. Toyota charged me nothing. He said truck ran like a beast. My o2 and fuel pressures were perfect the whole time. He initially thought the shitty walbro high output pump took a shit but clearly hadn't.

He said it could be throttle but it should be more consistent if this was an issue. Starting to think maybe shitty gas as water, etc would rise after filling tank up. I put 44k injector cleaner and truck has been running like a race car. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

sounds like you have been running down the same path i would have. i would test the throttle position sensor run OHM test. i can get you testing specs if you need them. it could be messing with the AFR at WOT (wide open throttle) and can change under the load percentage to compinsate. i had to play with mine one. it would fall under boost at about 3700rpm. just something to check. i would assume this is your daily driver right?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #5

Yea dd. how do I run ohm test? Gadget wanted a pic of my thottle valve. Not to be a dumbass but where is this at?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #6

your throttle body? its the butterfly type valve on your superchager, could be sticking to - ohm test take a multimeter and hook up to pins on the sensor to see what the resistance is. seems to have givin me a problem once and might be yours awell. if you pull off the throttle body look for a oil'y carbon build up. clean it off it there is some. how many mile have you had the SC on the truck?
i talk to people about cars for a living so dont worry, i had a lady ask me about muffler bearings once legitmatly.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #7

Yea Jberry said he suspected the sensor as well. S/c only has about 10k miles on it.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #8

pm me your email adress and i will send you the testing procedure for your throttle body possition sensor. its on the back side. kindof a PITA to get to but it could moved when you had the sc installed. NBD just pm me and ill help you out.