Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URGENT! MAF Cal. and Check Engine Light

Old 02-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
...disco the battery? Haven't heard that one yet...
I never disconnected when I did my URD MAF Cali. But it was plug and play.

socolax91, did you solder yours or was it P&P. If Soldered, you might have to check your work on the wiring harness...
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I never disconnected when I did my URD MAF Cali. But it was plug and play.

socolax91, did you solder yours or was it P&P. If Soldered, you might have to check your work on the wiring harness...
Ohhh!!! disconnect the battery...heh, I'm retarded.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unscrew the four screws on top the calibrator. Once opened you will see a serial port. You need to purchase a Serial to USB wire. Hook that up and run the Split second program.

I highly suggest you find a buddy with a laptop and check this out. Definately should not have a CEL with a stock URD Map setting. And even the one I seen for TRD CAI, and exh was pretty much all 10's in each cel.

When you get the software up check out this site:

http://www.freewebs.com/mafmaps/05plustacoma.htm
So you are saying that I might be getting an engine code because the map is incorrect?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
So you are saying that I might be getting an engine code because the map is incorrect?

Could be, or could be your connections upon install. URD is pretty good about their products. If you ordered it pretuned, then I would think it's your connections.

I went through a whole day of process of elimination and all with my APR setup. You just got to eliminate all probable causes til you find the culprate.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #25
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could be, or could be your connections upon install. URD is pretty good about their products. If you ordered it pretuned, then I would think it's your connections.

I went through a whole day of process of elimination and all with my APR setup. You just got to eliminate all probable causes til you find the culprate.
I'm about 90% sure my connections are correct but there is always that chance.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Gadget Came!!!!! HE IS THE MAN!!! Thank you sooo much!!!!

It was my fault. URD did perfect. I wired it up wrong. After looking at the same ECU for 2 hours everything just looks right lol. Gadget came and fixed the problem in 20 mins.

Thanks a lot. URD ROCKS!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #27
gtz85350 is on a distinguished road
gtz85350's Tacoma Gallery
how does it ride with it on?? big difference?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #28
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtz85350 View Post
how does it ride with it on?? big difference?
Check my build in a little bit and I will have everything updated. Also a 0-60 video!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #29
Enjoying my addiction

Congrats:

Gadget is the Man...
Old 05-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #30
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
Name: Steve
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
Urd maf cal

I just ordered a maf cal from urd. I was wondering what type watt of soldering iron is recommended and what type of flux solder. Also are most of the connections splicing or tapping into the wires.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
pumo420 is on a distinguished road

pumo420's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG26 View Post
I just ordered a maf cal from urd. I was wondering what type watt of soldering iron is recommended and what type of flux solder. Also are most of the connections splicing or tapping into the wires.
i just used one of those soldering guns from home deput and some electric solder. and i got this flux called lenex sterling that worked prtty good. there two wires that you gotta splice and the rest are just tapping into.