Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URGENT! MAF Cal. and Check Engine Light

Old 02-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation URGENT! MAF Cal. and Check Engine Light

So I have just installed my MAF Cal. from URD. Everything went smoothly but then when I start the truck the check engine light comes on.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Did you disco the battery before installing?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I cant belive I even beat ya.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I cant belive I even beat ya.
every now and then craziness happens...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you disco the battery before installing?
No I actually didn't. I forgot to.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
No I actually didn't. I forgot to.
Well. Disco the battery and let it sit for a while. Then reconnect, and you should be good.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well. Disco the battery and let it sit for a while. Then reconnect, and you should be good.
Dang it. I thought you had it for a second. I called URD and Gadget told me to check my scanguage for an engine code.

It is a low voltage code.

Yes everything is connected correctly.

Any ideas now?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #9

Yes. Disco your battery and let it sit for a bit. Give it about 30 mins.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. Disco your battery and let it sit for a bit. Give it about 30 mins.
I did it for 20 minutes earlier. I know its not thirty but I'll just give it more time.

What is your reasoning behind? You can get technical.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #11

It will allow your ECU to start fresh and learn the new addition right from the turn of the key. If the ECU senses a change in something from the last shut down to the next start up, it will trip a code. Thats why you need to disco the battery when adding engine mods.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It will allow your ECU to start fresh and learn the new addition right from the turn of the key. If the ECU senses a change in something from the last shut down to the next start up, it will trip a code. Thats why you need to disco the battery when adding engine mods.
And that would be why I got a low voltage code?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #13

Quote:
And that would be why I got a low voltage code?
Could be.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could be.
Alright well it's unpluged. If this doesn't work do you have any other idea why the check engine light would come on?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Alright well it's unpluged. If this doesn't work do you have any other idea why the check engine light would come on?
Im thinking about it right now. If you did nothing wrong, it should be only because you didnt disco the battery. You cleared the code before disco'ing your battery, right?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #16
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im thinking about it right now. If you did nothing wrong, it should be only because you didnt disco the battery. You cleared the code before disco'ing your battery, right?
On the scanguage?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
I got that code when tuning. If I set the fuel cells a little to low or high. You need to hook up your laptop and split second software to the calibrator, and make sure you got a good Map for your truck. I believe all the cells should be at 10 if you got it from URD. But double check.

Hows it ideling?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I got that code when tuning. If I set the fuel cells a little to low or high. You need to hook up your laptop and split second software to the calibrator, and make sure you got a good Map for your truck. I believe all the cells should be at 10 if you got it from URD. But double check.

Hows it ideling?
Seemed a little low actually. I don't have a windows computer so I had to have URD do it. How do you even tune the Sensor? I don't see where you would plug it in or anything?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #19
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Seemed a little low actually. I don't have a windows computer so I had to have URD do it. How do you even tune the Sensor? I don't see where you would plug it in or anything?

Unscrew the four screws on top the calibrator. Once opened you will see a serial port. You need to purchase a Serial to USB wire. Hook that up and run the Split second program.

I highly suggest you find a buddy with a laptop and check this out. Definately should not have a CEL with a stock URD Map setting. And even the one I seen for TRD CAI, and exh was pretty much all 10's in each cel.

When you get the software up check out this site:

http://www.freewebs.com/mafmaps/05plustacoma.htm
Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #20
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
...disco the battery? Haven't heard that one yet...