Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

my truck feels a little slow.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo kit will be the most expensive, due to the fabrication costs. PowerFab is making them, but they are not massed produced. So They still have to be made by hand. They have made four so far. SIK X's, Toon714's, Clifford's, and now Redlantern's. They had a "small' hand in mine's.

TRD starting is the cheapest.

Then URD.

Then PowerFab, or (whichever performance shop you choose) will be the most expensive.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
JOE619 is on a distinguished road
Name: broseph aka JOE
JOE619's Tacoma Gallery
I know the URD has like a superchargers from stage 1-4 I think and the TRD just has one and if I were to get one I done think I would need 500hp I think I would feel comfortable 320-360hp
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #24
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Stock install wont' get you 300 from the TRD.

You will need to add in the cost of a full exhaust, intake, fuel pump, and pulley.

So that ~$3800 just increased another ~$2193. (Will vary with differing components)

To a total of ~$ 5993

URD MK3 Stage 1 costs $5695, and starts out with more components, as well as more power.

For most however, that is a large chunk of change. So they choose to go TRD, then upgrade slowly.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
JOE619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Stock install wont' get you 300 from the TRD.

You will need to add in the cost of a full exhaust, intake, fuel pump, and pulley.

So that ~$3800 just increased another ~$2193. (Will vary with differing components)

To a total of ~$ 5993

URD MK3 Stage 1 costs $5695, and starts out with more components, as well as more power.

For most however, that is a large chunk of change. So they choose to go TRD, then upgrade slowly.
im not to sure what stage it is were it can be converted to the next stage up. for install do you have like a ball park number
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #26
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
In North Dakota, mean elevation is 1900 ft. You loose about 3% (or so) for every 1000 feet in elevation. Manufacture HP ratings are corrected to 0 feet elevation. So, given these details, you have about 14 hp less than you did in So Cal.
So basically, this means im very screwed? Chihuahua is supposed to be around 4,700 ft above sea level
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
JOE619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
So basically, this means im very screwed? Chihuahua is supposed to be around 4,700 ft above sea level
that was a really funny post btw. how is your mps?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #28
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
You could just get used to it

I'm at around 5000 ft elevation, makes it feel like I have a 2jz swap with NOS whenever I drop down to sea level
Old 05-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
JOE619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

I'm at around 5000 ft elevation, makes it feel like I have a 2jz swap with NOS whenever I drop down to sea level
where are you at?!
lol
Old 05-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

haha x2. Im at Colorado altitude and always wanted to turbo charge my 4 banger mazda for more power but all I had to do was drive to sea level and bam!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
haha x2. Im at Colorado altitude and always wanted to turbo charge my 4 banger mazda for more power but all I had to do was drive to sea level and bam!
Any forced induction system will be better in higher elevation where NA type run out of breath. Just look at the Pike Peaks time trial runs in regards to boosted application compared to natural aspirated engines. Big difference in time.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
Any forced induction system will be better in higher elevation where NA type run out of breath. Just look at the Pike Peaks time trial runs in regards to boosted application compared to natural aspirated engines. Big difference in time.
Yeah I know... Im saying it felt like I force inductioned my car just going to sea level and getting that much more air.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #33
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE619 View Post
where are you at?!
lol
New Mexico.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #34
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE619 View Post
that was a really funny post btw. how is your mps?
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, what do you mean by mps?

What I can comment though, is that the truck behaves well, sometimes it does feel a little slow, but my mpg´s are very bad.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #35
braaap

Yeah the best MPG's I've ever got were comming down from 7000 ft to 5000 ft over about 100 miles. Got 23 mpg with 2 dirtbikes in the bed.