Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How to Uninstall V Force Plus Performance Module

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
How to Uninstall V Force Plus Performance Module

I recently bought a 95.5 Tacoma from a Toyota dealer
It has a "Jet V-Force Plus Performance Module" Model 67030 that's hooked up to every freaking sensor on the truck
(Didn't know this till after I bought it)
http://www.amazon.com/67030-V-Force-.../dp/B001M41516

I want this thing off of my truck...
I unplugged it, started the truck, and it instantly stalls out
So... it's plugged back in
Anyone know how to uninstall this thing?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't really do anything (no increased performance, etc), so what's the big rush to get it off your truck? Personally, I'd just leave it alone and use it to monitor the engine and similar - about all it's really good for.

Anyway, as far as getting it off, you need to download the users guide & optional wiring chart, and then employ those to reverse the steps used to install it. If that's above your skill level, have the dealer you purchased the truck from uninstall it. He might even cut you a deal if you let him keep it to play with.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
It doesn't really do anything (no increased performance, etc), so what's the big rush to get it off your truck? Personally, I'd just leave it alone and use it to monitor the engine and similar - about all it's really good for.

Anyway, as far as getting it off, you need to download the users guide & optional wiring chart, and then employ those to reverse the steps used to install it. If that's above your skill level, have the dealer you purchased the truck from uninstall it. He might even cut you a deal if you let him keep it to play with.
The lcd screen is busted; so, it doesn't really do anything: including monitoring my engine and similiar
It claims to increase "ingition advance" and such; whether or not it actually does, I'm sure can be argued;
However, the point is... it's claiming to alter the performance of my truck... and I don't want it to

Thanks for the links
Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
colby8100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colby
colby8100's Tacoma Gallery
All performance modules is put the engine into cold idle which on most engines means richer fuel and minor timing advance . It can sometimes hurt performance on a torque tune engine (lean tune) which is almost every factory tune
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 AM   #5

yeah, i really don't like that thing being hooked up to my truck
anyone have any experience uninstalling one of these?
pretty straight forward?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #6

alright; so, yesterday the fuse that runs this thing blew and it rendered my truck absolutely useless
it was as easy as replacing the fuse to get the truck running again
but, if this performance module ever decides to quit; then my truck is quitting with it

i took a look at the installation and wiring pdf; and it doesn't say that anything is hooked up to the ECU - so, i would assume that just unplugging the thing wouldn't effect the truck any differently than unplugging a ScanGauge
unfortunately the truck doesn't agree
and unfortunately i have no business messing with a vehicles electrical system

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO KILL THIS THING?!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
i'd take it back to the dealer and have them take it out.
bought it about 6 months ago
95.5 with 200k on it
there's no sort of warranty
they'd probably charge me literally 1-2k to touch anything electrical
Old 08-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #9

Figured it out
It is just a matter of reverse installation (don't need to reprogram the Comp or anything like that)
There was something I missed in the installation instructions; and I'm not exactly 12V electrically inclined

They have you cut a wire from your MAF
You then connect one end of that wire to a wire on the Performance Module - and the other end to a different wire on the Performance Module

So, when you disconnect the Performance Module - you disconnect that wire on the MAF, and your truck gets super upset about it
Old 08-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Figured it out
It is just a matter of reverse installation (don't need to reprogram the Comp or anything like that)
There was something I missed in the installation instructions; and I'm not exactly 12V electrically inclined

They have you cut a wire from your MAF
You then connect one end of that wire to a wire on the Performance Module - and the other end to a different wire on the Performance Module

So, when you disconnect the Performance Module - you disconnect that wire on the MAF, and your truck gets super upset about it
When you make any wiring changes, don't forget to disconnect the negative battery terminal while doing them so that when you're done and reconnect it, the ECU will relearn the new operating parameters.

You can tell the ECU has rebooted fresh and is relearning because the truck will begin by operating in a default mode of which the most noticeable symptom is a low pulsing idle as if the timing is retarded. After a few cold start cycles, it will return to normal. I had a 1996 for 17 years. They're really good trucks.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #11

thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread