Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

HEADER QUESTIONS

Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
supercharge all things, then worry about the other stuff.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #22
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
No problem sir. For the general masses, they use the term back pressure. But without the true understanding of what it refers to. Thus it becomes easy to get a misconception of what is happening.

I knew what you meant though.

I have heard that there is a place here trying to crack the factory ecu.

I heard a while ago that some Aussies had. But I don't search AU forums regularly.

There just isn't the mass desire by owners or aftermarket to try to unlock it. So that is basically why it remains as is unfortunately.

If more Tacoma owners were interested in performance and trying to push the limits, the the story could be different.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #23
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
On an N/A setup for these trucks, don't go larger than 2.5" catback. You'll lose to much exhaust velocity thus decreasing the low end scavenging. F/I, 3".
This is good advice based on sound principles.

Consider that the very low rpm range in which you want the most torque, the engine is running far below the exhaust system's maximum flow capacity.