Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #21
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
but if we can fine an afe that built for the 2012-1=2013 Tacoma that's at a nice price why not Volant? just curious
AFE's filter media is better than Volant's. Volants is better than K&N and AirAid still.

After running all of the above i will personally not use anything else but AFE after cleaning out the dirt and junk found in my intake with the other brands.

None the Less, I have the AFE's in stock, we have installed them, and seen what they do.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
The AFE? How much?

I was just about to buy the volant.. Got it for 300 shipped to Canada.... Now I am wondering about the afe.....
440 shipped
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #23
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post
440 shipped

Cancel that if you can... SDHQ is cheaper and that shipped to Canada for me..

Jut noticed where u are... Not sure if they could beat..
Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
Canadian Redneck

I'm going Volant with the Donaldson power core filter.. I can get it for $320.00 taxes and duties in to my door in Canada... I can't bring myself to spend more than that on an intake....
Old 05-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Cancel that if you can... SDHQ is cheaper and that shipped to Canada for me..

Jut noticed where u are... Not sure if they could beat..
IT will be close. Shipping to Hawaii is usually more than Canada.

Shoot me a PM if you want and ill get a weight and some shipping cost to Hawaii.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #26
pitacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
pitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What's your price shipped to Ohio?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #27
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD has the new intake:

http://urdusa.com/p1260519162/AFE-51...duct_info.html

We also have a map for the MAF Calibrator for it.

G
Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #28
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitacoma View Post
What's your price shipped to Ohio?
Pm on way
Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
do you know which donaldson you were going with?

Quote:
I'm going Volant with the Donaldson power core filter.. I can get it for $320.00 taxes and duties in to my door in Canada... I can't bring myself to spend more than that on an intake....
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #30
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseunvoas View Post
do you know which donaldson you were going with?
The power Core 100000 mile one...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
URD has the new intake:

http://urdusa.com/p1260519162/AFE-51...duct_info.html

We also have a map for the MAF Calibrator for it.

G
installed mine! Thx gadget for the return call last Friday I was tying to figure out the pigtail but it was simple!!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #32
Riztnack is on a distinguished road

Riztnack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
installed mine! Thx gadget for the return call last Friday I was tying to figure out the pigtail but it was simple!!
DO you have to have the calibrator on the truck at all times or is it a one time thing?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #33
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riztnack View Post
DO you have to have the calibrator on the truck at all times or is it a one time thing?
if ur speaking of the MAF calibrator..........

It wires into the trucks ECU and must remain in place for it to be effective.....once you remove it (perfectly safe if you take ur time), you lose any gains.
It wont program anything in the truck.......all it does is intercept signals, and tweak them basically. So it will work while its installed, but once its out, theres no settings "locked" into the truck itself.

I had 1.......worked fine.........uninstalled it, no problems.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
So? Review? How does it sound?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:34 AM   #35
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So? Review? How does it sound?
Got my afe cai stage 2 for 2013 Tacoma also with a aero turbine 2525. Sounds amazing. Have no complaints at all.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #37
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoheny View Post
some one post a video or some pics! Any one get the CEL yet?
it sounds really good with the AFE CAI Stage II
Attached Thumbnails
2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!-img_20130616_113626_083.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #38
TacoSteve612 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
TacoSteve612's Tacoma Gallery
just put the volant on yesterday. not too impressed with the air pump mount on their air box. the measurements they took are off causing the pump to not even sit in the mount. also the eblow and hose they supply to connect the air pump to the factory hose is not the best either. their supplied hose almost kinks becuz its straight and doesnt have a bend or curve to it like it needs to be. going to email volant and see what they say or if they have had many complaints.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSteve612 View Post
just put the volant on yesterday. not too impressed with the air pump mount on their air box. the measurements they took are off causing the pump to not even sit in the mount. also the eblow and hose they supply to connect the air pump to the factory hose is not the best either. their supplied hose almost kinks becuz its straight and doesnt have a bend or curve to it like it needs to be. going to email volant and see what they say or if they have had many complaints.
AFE has a great mount and no need for any extra hoses. They are a lil more pricey tho, only down fall.
Attached Thumbnails
2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!-img_20130616_113626_083.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #40
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
AFE has a great mount and no need for any extra hoses. They are a lil more pricey tho, only down fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSteve612 View Post
Main reason we stick with AFE. They do cost a bit more than other brands, but it's the fitment and details where it counts that make it worth it in the end.