Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!

Old 06-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #41
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This unhappy volant news sucks cause I just ordered mine... Should I cancel this shit? It hasn't shipped but if its poor fitment I don't want it man.. Have u contacted volant? This is the 2nd I've heard if the pump mount and houses... To these companies not test fit??
Old 06-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #42
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Main reason we stick with AFE. They do cost a bit more than other brands, but it's the fitment and details where it counts that make it worth it in the end.
I so agree with you on this. after I saw it installed it looked perfect, fitment everything, couldn't go wrong with the AFE CAI Stage II
Old 06-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
i would personally pay more knowing i've got a top quality product it's when you pay lots for a crappy one get me ticked right off
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #44
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
This unhappy volant news sucks cause I just ordered mine... Should I cancel this shit? It hasn't shipped but if its poor fitment I don't want it man.. Have u contacted volant? This is the 2nd I've heard if the pump mount and houses... To these companies not test fit??
I would cancel asap
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #45
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not sure if you know of the issue with the Volant intake and the amount of induced sensor error it causes.

The Volant tends to make the engine run on the rich side killing power and MPG. URD has a map for our MAF Sensor Calibrator to correct for this. If you get the Volant I would consider getting the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator a necessity.

We also have a map for the aFe intake. It will enhance the performance, but it is not required for the aFe. It is pretty dialed in as you get it.

If you want to cancel your Volant intake, I can get an aFe intake right out to you.

G
Old 06-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #46
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Not sure if you know of the issue with the Volant intake and the amount of induced sensor error it causes.

The Volant tends to make the engine run on the rich side killing power and MPG. URD has a map for our MAF Sensor Calibrator to correct for this. If you get the Volant I would consider getting the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator a necessity.

We also have a map for the aFe intake. It will enhance the performance, but it is not required for the aFe. It is pretty dialed in as you get it.

If you want to cancel your Volant intake, I can get an aFe intake right out to you.

G
I got mine from y'all...love it
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #47
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
I hope this means the TRD one is soon to follow
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #48
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
I hope this means the TRD one is soon to follow
Just do it

You won't regret it...
Old 06-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #49
Canadian Redneck

Quote:

G
Yes how much for th afe shipped to me in Canada
Old 06-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #50
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You can put the item into the shopping cart on the URD site and the update your postal code. The site will present you with the different shipping options, transit times, and prices.

Shipping to Canada is expensive, so use discount code ForumMember to off set some of the shipping costs.

G
Old 06-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #51
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
You can put the item into the shopping cart on the URD site and the update your postal code. The site will present you with the different shipping options, transit times, and prices.

Shipping to Canada is expensive, so use discount code ForumMember to off set some of the shipping costs.

G
Whoa... I have to argue that your freight rate is absolutly insane.. I know it's expensive but $137.27 is way beyond normal...
Auto anything for the volant was was $55.00 with duties and taxes included.... If that's the rate FedEx is giving your customers they are raping you guys..

Subtotal $289.84
Shipping $25.95
Discount $46.57
Tax $29.83
Grand Total $319.67

That is my final sale with the volant
Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #52
Canadian Redneck

Can URD so better for shipping??
Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #53
Canadian Redneck

Quote:

G

Also on the note of needing the MAF... How do we know this new gen Volant will have the same issues as the 05-11 had?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #54
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Auto Anything must be sending them as Gift's, not products, which is technically illegal. It makes it cheaper, but can get the business a big fine and it's not worth the risk to us.

We have tried every shipping company to find the lowest prices for a Canada customers and it's just a crap shoot. So far the best option we have had is to ship to a contact they have at the border and they carry it over. We have one customer who gets a bunch of orders for himself and his friends and comes down every few months and picks stuff up.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #55
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Auto Anything must be sending them as Gift's, not products, which is technically illegal. It makes it cheaper, but can get the business a big fine and it's not worth the risk to us.

We have tried every shipping company to find the lowest prices for a Canada customers and it's just a crap shoot. So far the best option we have had is to ship to a contact they have at the border and they carry it over. We have one customer who gets a bunch of orders for himself and his friends and comes down every few months and picks stuff up.
No they do not have to man... I use to run a shipping department an after market Clark power train company.... Any supplier can ship duties paid.. With ups going stat sude it was called free domicile.. coming from the states it may have a different name but it is doable.. Shipper pays the duties... It's not that expensive.

What does that AFE I take weigh? Shipping any courier ground will not be 137 bucks especially if you have an account.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #56
Quote:
Can URD so better for shipping??
Yes. I will be back from vacation next week.

Give me a call to discuss options.

G
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #57
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Yes. I will be back from vacation next week.

Give me a call to discuss options.

G
Can anyone else quote it? I need to make a decision cause my Volant is still on order.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #58

Quote:
Can anyone else quote it? I need to make a decision cause my Volant is still on order.
SDHQ off road can get you a AFE CAI Stage II for $396
Old 06-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #59
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
SDHQ off road can get you a AFE CAI Stage II for $396
Ya but not shipped.. I need to find out what shipping will be.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #60

Quote:
Ya but not shipped.. I need to find out what shipping will be.
that's the full price my friend. when I bought mine that's exactly what I paid.