Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #81
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak77 View Post
Just did an online chat with them.. Got it for $287 shipped!

I paid. $440 Canadians shipping to Hawaii is just as bad or worse...
Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #82
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some low prices. wonder how long they will last
Old 06-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #83
2013BlueTRD is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Jose
2013BlueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I also jumped on this deal and glad i did.. AFE is the way to go...

Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #84
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said, I can not match that price, but i do have a few sets back in stock.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #85
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Like I said, I can not match that price, but i do have a few sets back in stock.
You do what you have to do. I bought mine from you and honestly don't regret what I paid for..
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #86
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
You do what you have to do. I bought mine from you and honestly don't regret what I paid for..
Thank you! It's worth every Penny, no matter how many it is.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #87
Silverstreak77 is on a distinguished road
Silverstreak77's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know the install time on this intake?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #88
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
anyone know the install time on this intake?
Takes us about 45 min to 1-hour.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #89
sdoheny will become famous soon enough

Name: Seth
sdoheny's Tacoma Gallery
I have one BIG question about the intake. There are two ports. One for the fender, and one inside the engine bay( which has a optional plug). I understand you get more air with both open. But doesnt that defeat the purpose of cold air, if you are taking air in from the engine bay? Any one have thoughts/ logic on this?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #90
TacoSteve612 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
TacoSteve612's Tacoma Gallery
Well volant did not respond to my email....u pay all that money for crappy quality parts and no technical support. I was nothing but nice and informative in my email to them and they don't even have the respect to send me a reply...
Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #91
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoheny View Post
I have one BIG question about the intake. There are two ports. One for the fender, and one inside the engine bay( which has a optional plug). I understand you get more air with both open. But doesnt that defeat the purpose of cold air, if you are taking air in from the engine bay? Any one have thoughts/ logic on this?
Correct. To have it true "cold" air, it needs to be sealed from the engine air. Your still getting more air flow either way which is better combustion, better MPG/HP. But cooler air is more combustible than warm.

Hope that helps
Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #92
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSteve612 View Post
Well volant did not respond to my email....u pay all that money for crappy quality parts and no technical support. I was nothing but nice and informative in my email to them and they don't even have the respect to send me a reply...
What's the issue again? If i get some time, ill give them a ring, may have better since we were a vendor to them back in the day
Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #93
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSteve612 View Post
I got my AFE from URD and had a question and Gadget got back to me the next business day
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
What's the issue again? If i get some time, ill give them a ring, may have better since we were a vendor to them back in the day

The issues are 1) air box hits the top of the air pump valves and had to use washers to get the box to sit up higher. 2) the hose and elbow fitting they supply for the air pump extension causes the supplied hose to kink. Not getting a CEL though so hopefully ill be ok there. 3) the holes for the air pump mounts are completely off measure so my air pump just kinda flops around and I'm worried something might come loose or break. Any help and info is greatly appreciated. U can email me directly which would be easier than on here. Either way works though. zero61288@yahoo.com
Old 06-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #95

I also emailed volant from my second email account a few minutes ago just to see if they would respond to that
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #96
Silverstreak77 is on a distinguished road
Silverstreak77's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the AFE last night. I guess I'm a little on the fence about it. It looks great and the fitment is awesome. When you get on it though it is quite loud inside the cabin. I'm sure it will grow on me. I had the URD on my 06DLCB and it was not near as loud in the cab. Just wanted to post this in case any of you out there are concerned about cabin noise.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #97
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just installed the AFE last night. I guess I'm a little on the fence about it. It looks great and the fitment is awesome. When you get on it though it is quite loud inside the cabin. I'm sure it will grow on me. I had the URD on my 06DLCB and it was not near as loud in the cab. Just wanted to post this in case any of you out there are concerned about cabin noise.
When is it loud? I love noise so his is good news to me.. I know some DIY really like it... Can you notice it all the time or only when on the pedal?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly why I got rid of it and bought the urd...... The resonance inside the cabin from the plastic air filter housing is intrusive isn't it?

The urd would growl nice and low..... When ur passing or getting on highway with the afe, its annoying and u can't have a conversation. Sounds like the glove box or windshield is gunna fall apart sometimes IMHO.

I found a way around it tho...... Supercharger...... I have since thrown the afe back on with the TRD blower.... I now don't hear the resonance... Just the seductive whine of boost
Old 06-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #99
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Exactly why I got rid of it and bought the urd...... The resonance inside the cabin from the plastic air filter housing is intrusive isn't it?

The urd would growl nice and low..... When ur passing or getting on highway with the afe, its annoying and u can't have a conversation. Sounds like the glove box or windshield is gunna fall apart sometimes IMHO.

I found a way around it tho...... Supercharger...... I have since thrown the afe back on with the TRD blower.... I now don't hear the resonance... Just the whine of boost

i have the same problem it's called a wife
Old 06-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #100
HaoleBilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

I found a way around it tho...... Supercharger...... I have since thrown the afe back on with the TRD blower.... I now don't hear the resonance... Just the seductive whine of boost
I have that same issue