Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!

Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
sdoheny will become famous soon enough

Name: Seth
sdoheny's Tacoma Gallery
2012-2013 AFE CAI NOW AVAILABLE!

I check all the CAI websites every now and then and finally AFE has produced one for late 2nd gen tacomas. Here is their website page....I plan on getting one when they hit CARID or Autoanything. Not going to pay MSRP. Post video/ photos/ how-to's if you have one or get one.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...0L&&brandID=56

Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Nice......carb legal, no.........but if that wont bother you, its a good intake
Old 05-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This or the volant for my 2012??? I can't decide
Old 05-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
TacoSteve612 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
TacoSteve612's Tacoma Gallery
if anyone can get a group buy going on those that would be awesome! im looking to get an intake for my 2012 V6 but all of the intakes ive seen for it are expensive. id much rather buy AFE than any other brand. they seem to have their stuff together compared to other companies and K&N is over priced :/
Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #5

holy crap! $415 is way too much lol i understand they may have set themselves apart from other companies but WOW! they need to lower that price by a lot lol
Old 05-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Canadian Redneck

Yup we need a better price or I'm buying the volant soon....
Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Yup we need a better price or I'm buying the volant soon....
ive heard that the volant gives u a CEL due to the location of the MAF sensor on those. i wanted to get the volant as well becuz of the sealed box but once i read up on them i changed my mind. u might wanna read up it to be sure though
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSteve612 View Post
ive heard that the volant gives u a CEL due to the location of the MAF sensor on those. i wanted to get the volant as well becuz of the sealed box but once i read up on them i changed my mind. u might wanna read up it to be sure though
The volant for the 2012 is redesigned... I haven't seen one review on it yet... I know the 05-11 some had CEL cause the MAF didn't quite fit correctly... I would hope the didn't make the same mistake on the 12+
Old 05-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #9

i would hope not either lol i saw ur posts about the volant from another thread about the k&n and volant. its hard to believe that k&n would be dumb with their design and rush getting it out. its really hard to decide which CAI to get becuz ppl seem to have mixed opinions about them all and they all are pricey. however i do agree with u and the sound...im a big fan of that too lol not so much worried about hp gains. id also like to get an exhaust too but yet again...pricey
Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Canadian Redneck

I am leaning towards the volant based on the pricing at this point... I know AFE makes a good product but really how much better than the volant?? I bought an aero turbine at2525 muffler cut the stocker out and welded the new one in... Wasn't to expensive...
Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #11

if u do end up getting the volant let me know how it goes since we have the same secondary air bullshit lol id love to know how it turns out since thats what i originally wanted
Old 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
sdoheny will become famous soon enough

Name: Seth
sdoheny's Tacoma Gallery
I spoke to www.4wheelonline.com via email. and they have the AFE CAI on back order for about 7 days. They quoted me a price of $304 bucks. Might have to strike while the price is good!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #13
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoheny View Post
I spoke to www.4wheelonline.com via email. and they have the AFE CAI on back order for about 7 days. They quoted me a price of $304 bucks. Might have to strike while the price is good!
I don't know about afe. looked on the website and for the 2012-2013 they must have entered a jacked up price.

http://4wheelonline.com/AFE_Stage2_I....135300.453541
Old 05-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #14
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
I got my dropped shipped from URD installing tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #15
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post
I got my dropped shipped from URD installing tomorrow.
The AFE? How much?

I was just about to buy the volant.. Got it for 300 shipped to Canada.... Now I am wondering about the afe.....
Old 05-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #16
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
I don't know about afe. looked on the website and for the 2012-2013 they must have entered a jacked up price.

http://4wheelonline.com/AFE_Stage2_I....135300.453541
Lol... That's a little pricey $9999999
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #17
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
The AFE? How much?

I was just about to buy the volant.. Got it for 300 shipped to Canada.... Now I am wondering about the afe.....

Im definitly going with a volant. Just debating on getting the box with or without the scoop. If that would make any difference
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
Im definitly going with a volant. Just debating on getting the box with or without the scoop. If that would make any difference
You like the volant over the AFE?

You can always add the scoop later.. I may or may not go with the scoop
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
We have these in stock and TW memeber pricing. They are not online yet, but Shoot me a PM and i can get you pricing. We have put them on a few Taco's already and they work and sound awesome!

Also, AFE 100% over volant. AFE's Filter media is above and beyond any others out there.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
We have these in stock and TW memeber pricing. They are not online yet, but Shoot me a PM and i can get you pricing. We have put them on a few Taco's already and they work and sound awesome!

Also, AFE 100% over volant. AFE's Filter media is above and beyond any others out there.
but if we can fine an afe that built for the 2012-1=2013 Tacoma that's at a nice price why not Volant? just curious

Products Discussed in this Thread