Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust tip

Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust tip

Looking for a clamp on style exhaust tip to hide my ever so growing ugly stock tip... Any recommendations? Where to buy?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
i think TRD has one, Now sure though man.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
ya the TRD has an oval shaped exhaust tip. although i personally dont like clamp ons, they can get stolen easily
Old 05-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
ya the TRD has an oval shaped exhaust tip. although i personally dont like clamp ons, they can get stolen easily
Ya I hear you... I just want something quick and easy cause I'm sick of seeing my ugly tip
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Canadian Redneck

What size would I order for a clamp on if I went with another brand?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post

I'm sick of seeing my ugly tip
That's what he said?

Anyway, this one appears to be a clamp on
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacom...501#vi-content
Old 05-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And here's a black one if you'd rather have black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-Black-Sta...31a11e&vxp=mtr
Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't want it to get stolen then put a few tack welds around it.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
Canadian Redneck

Ya I kinda like the oval style that comes with the complete exhaust only... I've been looking around but not sure what size I would need to fit over the stock tip
Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I kinda like the oval style that comes with the complete exhaust only... I've been looking around but not sure what size I would need to fit over the stock tip
Get out the tape measure... Measure the OD (outter diameter) of the exhaust pipe at the end.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
And here's a black one if you'd rather have black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-Black-Sta...31a11e&vxp=mtr
I paid $10 more than that for a Magnaflow muffler....
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Just buy that TRD one off ebay, put it one, and then take some vice grips, pipe wrench, or even a regular vice and turn it into that oval shape you want. It may sounds like I'm kidding, but that's honestly what I would do if I really wanted an oval one.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I paid $10 more than that for a Magnaflow muffler....
That sounds really good! Do you remember roughly how much the install was? You got me thinking now....
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #15
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looking for a clamp on style exhaust tip to hide my ever so growing ugly stock tip... Any recommendations? Where to buy?
One way to hide it is to cut off the pipe where it points downward behind the rear axle. Then no one sees any exhaust at all unless they stick their head under your truck.

With a stock muffler there's no difference in sound.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #16
Canadian Redneck

have the AT2525 muffler on it already... I just want to hide the ugly tip....
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
have the AT2525 muffler on it already... I just want to hide the ugly tip....
I see... then it's better not to cut the pipe as it would only bring more noise into your cab.