Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need supercharger parts

Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #21
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelgado14 View Post
In your opinion what's the best exhaust system to go with the charger?think headers will make a difference with exhuast?or just s/c and exhaust...?
Yes - Headers will make a difference and using the most open flowing exhaust you can get it better. As you decrease exhaust restriction, you decrease the required boost to make the same level of power (as I understand it).

URD sells DT Long Tube Headers, an offroad Y-pipe, and an exhaust system that'll probably be about perfect (albiet maybe a bit loud for a daily driver).
I've got DTLTs, a custom built Y pipe, and a WickedFlow muffler....haven't installed the blower yet, but there will be dyno runs for everything.....
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #22
cdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to beholdcdelgado14 is a splendid one to behold
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yes - Headers will make a difference and using the most open flowing exhaust you can get it better. As you decrease exhaust restriction, you decrease the required boost to make the same level of power (as I understand it).

URD sells DT Long Tube Headers, an offroad Y-pipe, and an exhaust system that'll probably be about perfect (albiet maybe a bit loud for a daily driver).
I've got DTLTs, a custom built Y pipe, and a WickedFlow muffler....haven't installed the blower yet, but there will be dyno runs for everything.....

As far as sound..where can I hear it or them before I decide.im kinda picky.it is my daily driver.im just looking for a deep tone.nothing ricey...
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
grdsqrl is on a distinguished road
Name: Terry
grdsqrl's Tacoma Gallery
Cold Air Intake

I have a dealer saying that the cold air intake trd option is not compatable with the supercharger and another dealer saying that I should install one. Who's correct?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdsqrl View Post
I have a dealer saying that the cold air intake trd option is not compatable with the supercharger and another dealer saying that I should install one. Who's correct?
install the OLDER TRD intake made by AFE........... or install the AFE stage 2 Si

check around here
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...old+air+intake
and
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...splay.php?f=10

Im running the AFE stage 2 Si with no issues

DO NOT RUN THE NEW TRD intake made by K&N........ FWIW TRD doesnt make 1 single intake........thats why Im using the real manufacturers names
Old 07-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdsqrl View Post
it works.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #26
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
it works.
this guy knows a thing or 4