Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need supercharger parts

Old 05-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
grdsqrl is on a distinguished road
Name: Terry
grdsqrl's Tacoma Gallery
Need supercharger parts

I just supercharged my 08 Tacoma. The dealer that installed the sc said to install a "cold air intake" to improve performance. Another dealer said not to install the cold air intake because it was not compatable with the supercharger. Who's right? Any comments???
Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
What are the parts themselves?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
grdsqrl is on a distinguished road
Name: Terry
grdsqrl's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger parts

Mostly bolts, brackets, pulleys, belts, injectors, etc
Old 05-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay......buy the "fit kit"

I had the dealer install mine but,

The dealer said there's was like 7 big ass boxes when they got mine in.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdsqrl View Post
Mostly bolts, brackets, pulleys, belts, injectors, etc
Hoses, intercooler, pump/resi, etc ..............there's a lot.

http://www.oempartworld.com/2538_PTR29-35110
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You need to get ahold of the instruction packet ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...tructions.html ) and then talk to the dealership. You need more than the "fit kit" if all you have is the actual blower.
Damn, I thought everything else came with the kit

Sorry OP.......... that's what I get for having the dealer do the install

Brunes
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Damn, I thought everything else came with the kit

Sorry OP.......... that's what I get for having the dealer do the install

Brunes
Yeah-Low temp rad and "Bag A" - some hardware are in the fit kit. Bags B thru L don't change based on the vehicle model, so they come w/ the blower body.
OP might be in for a long talk w/ the parts desk about what to order...Might try talking to Jorge @ Camelback Toyota to see if he can find a way to order the fit kit and supercharger kit w/o the blower housing.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yeah-Low temp rad and "Bag A" - some hardware are in the fit kit. Bags B thru L don't change based on the vehicle model, so they come w/ the blower body.
OP might be in for a long talk w/ the parts desk about what to order...Might try talking to Jorge @ Camelback Toyota to see if he can find a way to order the fit kit and supercharger kit w/o the blower housing.
Good idear
Old 05-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
good luck, it will be almost impossible to find. Try calling magnuson superchargers..they well able to partially help me once with a random piece. They made it after all
Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Performance mods.need help.!

I have a 2012 dbl cab 4x4 with a toytec 3 inch suspenion rolling on 33's and 20's(debating to go up 6.bds coilover fox shocks.been watching it real hard.)ive done a lot of research abouts mods.money isn't a issue but then again I don't want to spend a ton.supercharger seems to be the main performance mod.i think.and I'm still debating weather it's worth the 5k...?also.which exhaust is best for power and mileage?what about headers?im looking for more power to play with(not that I play all the time.just on every other given Sunday.)suggestions.!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
The main reason for more power is to also help push the tires.i don't like that it lags a ton when you punch it from a dead stop or slow role..not too familiar with what would help the most.
-cdelgado14
Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelgado14 View Post
I have a 2012 dbl cab 4x4 with a toytec 3 inch suspenion rolling on 33's and 20's(debating to go up 6.bds coilover fox shocks.been watching it real hard.)ive done a lot of research abouts mods.money isn't a issue but then again I don't want to spend a ton.supercharger seems to be the main performance mod.i think.and I'm still debating weather it's worth the 5k...?also.which exhaust is best for power and mileage?what about headers?im looking for more power to play with(not that I play all the time.just on every other given Sunday.)suggestions.!
its a blast...............

cant comment on exhausts much, I just happen to have the urd 3" catback.....be warned, theres 2 of us (non x-runners) who cannot run a 265/75/16 spare since this exhaust install.

I wouldnt expect any mileage from an exhaust, but I could be wrong.

u have header options........... URDusa.com

1 warning DO NOT open up the exhaust too much if ur NOT gunna get the supercharger........ I got the 3" catback, doug thorley longtubes, urd y pipe, deleted all cats.
I didnt have my tq off the line anymore and I hated driving my truck.

cant tell ya WHAT component did the most damage to my tq because I did all of the above in 1 day.

the next business day I ordered the blower.... now Im happy but it was an expense I was not ready for.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #15
In your position..do you regret getting the s/c?was it worth it?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
How high is your Tacoma?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #17

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In your position..do you regret getting the s/c?was it worth it?
Quote:
How high is your Tacoma?
both questions for me?

if so, the trucks about 2" front and rear.

do i regret getting the s/c.................hell no!

but my tires hate me for it

worth it............u betcha.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
So you say the best bet for me(to help push the wheels) would be a s/c?
I think I'm guna order it tomorrow!..
Old 05-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
both questions for me?

if so, the trucks about 2" front and rear.

do i regret getting the s/c.................hell no!

but my tires hate me for it

worth it............u betcha.

In your opinion what's the best exhaust system to go with the charger?think headers will make a difference with exhuast?or just s/c and exhaust...?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #20

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In your opinion what's the best exhaust system to go with the charger?think headers will make a difference with exhuast?or just s/c and exhaust...?
I dont think I am qualified to answer that to be honest...... I have only had the URD 3" catback since S/C

and again, I added all the goodies at 1 time so I cant tell ya what had the most impact..... Sorry, but Id rather be honest than make some crap up

I broke the cardinal mechanic rule...... I shoulda added 1 thing, test drove it............added another, test drove it.....and so on to make sure I knew what components may have had positive, or negative effects, and be able to pinpoint any problems easier.