View Poll Results: dual exhaust out the side or the back
side 11 73.33%
straight out the back 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
jrw100990 is on a distinguished road

jrw100990's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen dual exhaust..out sides or straight out the back

anyone have an opinion on which looks better or if you have any pictures of what you have done...also will it make any difference in sound or will both sound the same
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
both look stupid. keep it single or dump it
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Dump. Keep it clean looking.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuuu3...e_gdata_player. This is how I did mine, would look much better I'm sure if a shop did it all one piece, but I did what I could without a bender. I don't think the sound is gonna be much different side or back. I originally thought u meant out the side infront of the tire for some reason, which would obviously make cab noise more, but shorter exhaust exit means a little better throttle response as well. Sorry to get off tangent since I assume thats not what u meant anyway.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
jrw100990 is on a distinguished road

jrw100990's Tacoma Gallery
benefits of dumping?
edit: and what will it sound louder
Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw100990 View Post
benefits of dumping?
edit: and what will it sound louder
Benefit= looks 50 million times better

One way won't be louder than the other. Dumping it will be a little louder inside the cab because if you go out the back the sound is aimed away from you.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #7
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Dump it.

Then no one sees any exhaust at all. I just terminated mine behind the rear axle and added an angled tip to deflect the exhaust away from the spare. With a stock muffler there is no difference in sound.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
both look stupid. keep it single or dump it
X2