Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

4.0L TRD S/C Vacuum Hose?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Banned
trailhoor is on a distinguished road
trailhoor's Tacoma Gallery
4.0L TRD S/C Vacuum Hose?

I'm wondering if one of you TRD s/c'd guys can help me out. There's a vacuum line on the rear pass side of the engine coming off an actuator. I believe it adjusts fuel based on boost pressure. So, I connected this vacuum line to the pressurized side of the blower. However, I also have a vacuum port on my intake that it could connect to.

Any explanation on what this vacuum line does and which port it should connect to is much appreciated.

Working with APR to tune my X-1. David over there is awesome. One map change and the URD pulley gave some nice gains in Hp (just going by feel). Wondering if the 7th Inj is a must. More coin to drop but it sounds like that can make a huge difference in power with the additional cooling and increased efficiency of the roots. I also have a stock Y-pipe and muffler. I was thinking my next mod would be HID projectors but I'm goofing around with my motor now, ha hah
Attached Thumbnails
4.0L TRD S/C Vacuum Hose?-vacuum.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
navarski is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat-Veteran, 1AD Baumholder Germany. OIF2008-09 Sadr City.
Name: Navarski
navarski's Tacoma Gallery
Same here

I recently found that same long black hose dangling and burning on my headers. The port where it should go , has always been plugged with a little black cap and I cannot find where that hose could have been plugged up to. So I guess my question is,; why wasn't it originally plugged in in its proper place when the s/c was installed @ toyota?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navarski View Post
I recently found that same long black hose dangling and burning on my headers. The port where it should go , has always been plugged with a little black cap and I cannot find where that hose could have been plugged up to. So I guess my question is,; why wasn't it originally plugged in in its proper place when the s/c was installed @ toyota?
Um the above post is incorrect. The vacuum line actually goes to the intake tube. The port you see on top of the SC is capped off because that is where you hook up a boost gauge if installed.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amain View Post
Um the above post is incorrect. The vacuum line actually goes to the intake tube. The port you see on top of the SC is capped off because that is where you hook up a boost gauge if installed.
It can be, but you can also boost reference the fuel pressure regulator like the above post described. Once my blower is on my truck - it will be "T"d and plugged into both the boost gauge and the FPR.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a VAC/Boost gauge on my truck and that port on the S/C gives vacuum and boost readings. The FPR mod allows the FPR to not only adjust in vacuum but also when in boost by adding an extra pound of fuel pressure for each pound of boost.

Most folks just use that port for their boost gauge and that is fine for most S/C applications but if you want to add a pulley to your S/C it is strongly recommended to perform the FPR mod so the fuel system can keep up.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by spithead051 View Post
I just installed a VAC/Boost gauge on my truck and that port on the S/C gives vacuum and boost readings. The FPR mod allows the FPR to not only adjust in vacuum but also when in boost by adding an extra pound of fuel pressure for each pound of boost.

Most folks just use that port for their boost gauge and that is fine for most S/C applications but if you want to add a pulley to your S/C it is strongly recommended to perform the FPR mod so the fuel system can keep up.

I got a urd 2.8 pulley on order, along with a fuel pump upgrade. What els would i need to support this smaller pulley?. I've read that no flash or tunning would be nassary with this size pulley,true?. Sorry for the rookie questions, im new to the whole S/C thing. oh.. and how how would a FPR mod work? Do you just buy a performance FPR? Thanks again ya'll.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
THANKS

Thanks for the warm and fuzzy!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
Yes fpr mod saved my ass till I get a fuel pump...