Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Looking For Mounting Options for Sceptor Cans

Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
Give them a call. I'm sure you can get them made-to-order. Mine came as requested options for some custom projects.

Yep, exactly. The top bar goes through the can handles and tighten down with 2 splined lug nuts (with the convenience of using same key as wheels).
Does it ( top bar ) prevent siphoning if used with fuel cans ?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Does not look like it
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unfortunately, no.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
Unfortunately, no.
Thanks for the reply
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #26

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I like this website but what about Scepter Plastic fuel cans?
They are hard to buy new in the US cause they don't meet CARB specs
Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #27
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are hard to buy new in the US cause they don't meet CARB specs
Really? I know we transport DOT-5L Jerricans ALL the time. Are the CARB spec cans only something in California?

What's the differents from CARB and NON-CARB containers?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #28

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? I know we transport DOT-5L Jerricans ALL the time. Are the CARB spec cans only something in California?

These MFC cans are not for sale to civilian end users in the US

http://www.dstactical.com/product_in...products_id=53
Old 06-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do u want my addy now ^^^^
Old 06-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Do u want my addy now ^^^^
You don't think they would get scooped at Customs ?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #31
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know, I've never heard of empty plastic containers getting confiscated at customs... I'm pretty sure we have brought them back into the States before in my job. I couldn't find anything in my publications saying they couldn't be shipped they just had to be empty.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know, I've never heard of empty plastic containers getting confiscated at customs... I'm pretty sure we have brought them back into the States before in my job. I couldn't find anything in my publications saying they couldn't be shipped they just had to be empty.
Stringent Military specifications apply to the Scepter MFCs which in turn means that they cannot always be fully compatible with guidelines or standards that may apply in various civilian fuel can markets. As a consequence the military end-use market is the primary market for the Scepter MFCs, MFC parts and accessories. In the USA the MFC, its accessories and parts are delivered and sold only for military end-use or for end-use by FEMA or FEMA associated entity under an exemption issued by the EPA.

http://www.sceptermilitary.com/fuel_containers/
Old 06-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #33
BIG DADDY

Quote:
pack them full of tomatoes to disguise the smell
Old 06-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #34
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Starting in 2009, all gas cans manufactured or imported into the US had to comply with CARB.

CARB-compliant cans leak, due to the crappy non-vented spouts. CARB eliminated the old vented system, under the premise that fuel vapor was contributing to air pollution.

Good condition non-CARB cans (and spouts) are hard to find and often jacked-up in price.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #35
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Quote:
pack them full of tomatoes to disguise the smell
Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #36
BIG DADDY

so i went with the mojaveoffroad can holder
it was a bit more $ then i wanted to spend
but i got exactly what i was looking for
plus free shipping and 20% off of listed price.....
woot....that was the kicker.....
sent an email about some questions and all worked out
i will keep u posted with some pics in the future
Old 06-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #37
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:

If I am ever in the area I am going to siphon your gas.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll send you a couple cans and a spout
Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh , OK , forget it
Old 06-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #40
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll send you a couple cans and a spout
I need a spout