Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Looking For Mounting Options for Sceptor Cans

Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Looking For Mounting Options for Sceptor Cans

i am looking for mounting 1 or maybe 2-20l sceptor MWC cans on the back of my tire swing out
what are you guys using......
i see cbi makes one but they have no pics of it
i would like it to be lockable but still usable and stable "no rattling"
show off what you guyz got.....
thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you just get an aluminum box made and have a hinged lid ?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Can't you just get an aluminum box made and have a hinged lid ?
Maybe
But id rather just buy one already ready to go
Old 06-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
BIG DADDY

bump
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
BIG DADDY

dam no one?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
May i ask where you got them from? I was planning to mount two, when i get them, to my bed sides.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
dam no one?
You could contact the guy that made the ones I linked
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
I have these in my Tacoma bed and on FJ Cruiser rear swingout, made by Demello Offroad.

Removable (mounted with Grade 8 bolts/nuts) and lockable (uses same splined lug nuts as wheels).
Old 06-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
I have these in my Tacoma bed and on FJ Cruiser rear swingout, made by Demello Offroad.

Removable (mounted with Grade 8 bolts/nuts) and lockable (uses same splined lug nuts as wheels).
Thats what im looking for
Do u have any pics of a scepter can installed in it
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
May i ask where you got them from? I was planning to mount two, when i get them, to my bed sides.
http://www.lexingtoncontainercompany...ater-Cans.html
Quote:
You could contact the guy that made the ones I linked

must of missed that
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post

this is so what i am looking for?
demello says they only have http://mojaveoffroad.com/Products.html
want to sell me yours please

so with yours you slide top plate thing through handles of can and tighen down with the 2 splined lug nuts?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

I know Mr.Grimm had some mounted. Might want to ask him
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Demello makes mine but I would look at some holders from Adventure Trailers.

The only thing I have against the Demello holders is that they are heavy and made from steel. The AT ones are aluminum.

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/fuelholders.html
Old 06-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
BIG DADDY

alright so i just ordered the cans...and an extra cap
"Dam Canadians" and their special threads......errrrrr
NPT use it
Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
alright so i just ordered the cans...and an extra cap
"Dam Canadians" and their special threads......errrrrr
NPT use it
Did you buy a spout or are you making one ?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post

The only thing I have against the Demello holders is that they are heavy and made from steel. The AT ones are aluminum.

yea the only thing i have against that one is. i don't think what i want to have "the pressurized thingy" hose spigot and schrader vlave will fit

this thing is perfect
But the price tag hurts
http://shop.mojaveoffroad.com/Phoeni...TMCU1-0001.htm
Old 06-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Did you buy a spout or are you making one ?
im only using these for water....might pick up a gas can in the future
and then i will use my shaker siphon...."thing saved me during the 35 day blackout here"
try holding a 12 gallon boat gas tank and pouring into a funnel

im hooking up a kitchen sink spray hose setup to shower and wash down when at the office.....
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post

if they are that heavy i would get rid of them
maybe sell them to a NY guy
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im only using these for water....might pick up a gas can in the future
and then i will use my shaker siphon...."thing saved me during the 35 day blackout here"
try holding a 12 gallon boat gas tank and pouring into a funnel

im hooking up a kitchen sink spray hose setup to shower and wash down when at the office.....
Oh , water cans , gotcha
Old 06-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #20
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing;

this is so what i am looking for?
demello says they only have [URL
http://mojaveoffroad.com/Products.html[/URL]
want to sell me yours please

so with yours you slide top plate thing through handles of can and tighen down with the 2 splined lug nuts?
Give them a call. I'm sure you can get them made-to-order. Mine came as requested options for some custom projects.

Yep, exactly. The top bar goes through the can handles and tighten down with 2 splined lug nuts (with the convenience of using same key as wheels).