1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DT Long Tubes and Wide band O2's

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by KingKoda, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Jun 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    KingKoda

KingKoda [OP] Never Satisfied

Member:
    Palmetto
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD.S DCSB 4x4
    Boosted TRD/URD All Terrain Sleeper w/ Sockmonkey Decals Worth +666HP
    I am considering the Doug Thorley Long Tube headers and pipe bomb to round out my exhaust which is currently just the TRD Catback. I presume this would effectively eliminate all CATS?

I would like to have Air/Fuel but need to hook up a wideband O2.

My question….

Does the Doug Thorley Long Tubes for 2012 (new design for exhaust air pump) come standard with more than one O2 bung on each header? I though I had read on a thread that the DTLT had multiple bungs to choose from. That would be perfect in making it easy to add a wideband O2, that if they came with 2 bungs on each header and you choose which to use or leave closed.

With the pipe bomb would I also need the URD Rear O2 sim? I am trying to list out all parts I would need.

So far…

DTLT for 2012
    O2 Extensions
    Crush Gasgets
    DT Pipe Bomb
    URD Rear O2 Sim
    Lottery Ticket

Does that look about right?

2. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    Might also need a URD MAF Blackbox with data.

PK

3. Jun 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    From what I have heard the new ones do have more than one bung on at least one of the headers (I'm not 100% positive though). Mine are the original ones and only had one bung per side. I had one installed on my pass side collector and it works good there. Even if they don't come pre-tapped, having one installed is pretty cheap. What are you using for engine management? Are you on the reflash right now? Adding this stuff, especially the headers will be a nice upgrade on a supercharged truck.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  4. Jun 5, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    KingKoda

Member:
    Palmetto
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD.S DCSB 4x4
    Thanks, right, I suppose it wouldn't be much to have an additional bung welded on.

I have nothing for engine management currently (UCONN, MAF, etc).

I am on the TRD reflash. Dealership did my S/C install and all associated components last fall. I just want to make sure I don't miss or assume something.

'I' think the setup would be OK on the TRD reflash, my S/C pulley upgrade is the 2.85.

Regarding the MAF; URD did not have a map/tune available for my year and setup so that would require me to manually tune the Air/Fuel curves (and I can't see them currently, nor I have ever done so). As well it would be really nice if they had the connections like they do for 08 and down to avoid splicing into the ECU harness, even if I had to modify their current connection device. Everything I have right now is bolt-on except the S/C.

I haven't gotten that far yet - I am not even sure what my A/F needs to be throughout the powerband. That's for another thread but I "assume" somewhere about 12-14 throughout?

I am running AFE intake, TRD S/C, TRD Catback, URD pulley, URD fuel pump. Goal is to complete full exhaust (Headers + y pipe) and get my theoretical power around 340HP and 350TQ when I mash it and/or ultimately at some point with ECM additions to get a power to weight ratio equal or better than a stock raptor.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  5. Jun 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    I have some Long Tubes on the shelf here, just checked them. 2 bungs on each header down tube for O2 sensors.

Shoot me a Pm if you want some pricing. We also carry UniChips as well.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  6. Jun 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Nice to know......those are the 2012+ right?

I know they have a diff part#

7. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    KingKoda

Member:
    Palmetto
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD.S DCSB 4x4
    Thanks for taking a look for me (and TW). I believe my Icon setup came through you even though I ordered from Icon directly. I will PM you when the money starts to burn a little hotter.

Nice to know there are 2 bungs per side. That helps me plan things. As the person above me stated, the 2012+ DTLT should be unique because of the smog exhaust air pump that gets in the way of the CAI's and pumps air into the exhaust for emissions purposes I believe on shut down or start up. (correct me if I am wrong)

It will end up being an holiday gift when I get them. I may purchase some parts or the headers before the end of the year, but I will likely wait to install it all.

It's boating season now and my slush funds are being diverted to my other dollar bill burners.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  8. Jun 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    No problem, glad i could help! And ya, they are the 2012+ specific one's. P/N THY-517-LS-C

Icon most likely came from us. We are their biggest stocking warehouse/distributor. If you need anything suspension wise, hit me up direct and ill get you TW prices.

Products Discussed in

To Top