Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

DT Long Tubes and Wide band O2's

Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
DT Long Tubes and Wide band O2's

I am considering the Doug Thorley Long Tube headers and pipe bomb to round out my exhaust which is currently just the TRD Catback. I presume this would effectively eliminate all CATS?

I would like to have Air/Fuel but need to hook up a wideband O2.

My question….

Does the Doug Thorley Long Tubes for 2012 (new design for exhaust air pump) come standard with more than one O2 bung on each header? I though I had read on a thread that the DTLT had multiple bungs to choose from. That would be perfect in making it easy to add a wideband O2, that if they came with 2 bungs on each header and you choose which to use or leave closed.

With the pipe bomb would I also need the URD Rear O2 sim? I am trying to list out all parts I would need.

So far…

DTLT for 2012
O2 Extensions
Crush Gasgets
DT Pipe Bomb
URD Rear O2 Sim
Lottery Ticket

Does that look about right?
Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
I am considering the Doug Thorley Long Tube headers and pipe bomb to round out my exhaust which is currently just the TRD Catback. I presume this would effectively eliminate all CATS?

I would like to have Air/Fuel but need to hook up a wideband O2.

My question….

Does the Doug Thorley Long Tubes for 2012 (new design for exhaust air pump) come standard with more than one O2 bung on each header? I though I had read on a thread that the DTLT had multiple bungs to choose from. That would be perfect in making it easy to add a wideband O2, that if they came with 2 bungs on each header and you choose which to use or leave closed.

With the pipe bomb would I also need the URD Rear O2 sim? I am trying to list out all parts I would need.

So far…

DTLT for 2012
O2 Extensions
Crush Gasgets
DT Pipe Bomb
URD Rear O2 Sim
Lottery Ticket

Does that look about right?
Might also need a URD MAF Blackbox with data.

PK
Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have heard the new ones do have more than one bung on at least one of the headers (I'm not 100% positive though). Mine are the original ones and only had one bung per side. I had one installed on my pass side collector and it works good there. Even if they don't come pre-tapped, having one installed is pretty cheap. What are you using for engine management? Are you on the reflash right now? Adding this stuff, especially the headers will be a nice upgrade on a supercharged truck.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
From what I have heard the new ones do have more than one bung on at least one of the headers (I'm not 100% positive though). Mine are the original ones and only had one bung per side. I had one installed on my pass side collector and it works good there. Even if they don't come pre-tapped, having one installed is pretty cheap. What are you using for engine management? Are you on the reflash right now? Adding this stuff, especially the headers will be a nice upgrade on a supercharged truck.
Thanks, right, I suppose it wouldn't be much to have an additional bung welded on.

I have nothing for engine management currently (UCONN, MAF, etc).

I am on the TRD reflash. Dealership did my S/C install and all associated components last fall. I just want to make sure I don't miss or assume something.

'I' think the setup would be OK on the TRD reflash, my S/C pulley upgrade is the 2.85.

Regarding the MAF; URD did not have a map/tune available for my year and setup so that would require me to manually tune the Air/Fuel curves (and I can't see them currently, nor I have ever done so). As well it would be really nice if they had the connections like they do for 08 and down to avoid splicing into the ECU harness, even if I had to modify their current connection device. Everything I have right now is bolt-on except the S/C.

I haven't gotten that far yet - I am not even sure what my A/F needs to be throughout the powerband. That's for another thread but I "assume" somewhere about 12-14 throughout?

I am running AFE intake, TRD S/C, TRD Catback, URD pulley, URD fuel pump. Goal is to complete full exhaust (Headers + y pipe) and get my theoretical power around 340HP and 350TQ when I mash it and/or ultimately at some point with ECM additions to get a power to weight ratio equal or better than a stock raptor.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I have some Long Tubes on the shelf here, just checked them. 2 bungs on each header down tube for O2 sensors.

Shoot me a Pm if you want some pricing. We also carry UniChips as well.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I have some Long Tubes on the shelf here, just checked them. 2 bungs on each header down tube for O2 sensors.

Nice to know......those are the 2012+ right?

I know they have a diff part#
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Never Satisfied
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post

Thanks for taking a look for me (and TW). I believe my Icon setup came through you even though I ordered from Icon directly. I will PM you when the money starts to burn a little hotter.

Nice to know there are 2 bungs per side. That helps me plan things. As the person above me stated, the 2012+ DTLT should be unique because of the smog exhaust air pump that gets in the way of the CAI's and pumps air into the exhaust for emissions purposes I believe on shut down or start up. (correct me if I am wrong)

It will end up being an holiday gift when I get them. I may purchase some parts or the headers before the end of the year, but I will likely wait to install it all.

It's boating season now and my slush funds are being diverted to my other dollar bill burners.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Nice to know......those are the 2012+ right?

I know they have a diff part#
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
Thanks for taking a look for me (and TW). I believe my Icon setup came through you even though I ordered from Icon directly. I will PM you when the money starts to burn a little hotter.

Nice to know there are 2 bungs per side. That helps me plan things. As the person above me stated, the 2012+ DTLT should be unique because of the smog exhaust air pump that gets in the way of the CAI's and pumps air into the exhaust for emissions purposes I believe on shut down or start up. (correct me if I am wrong)

It will end up being an holiday gift when I get them. I may purchase some parts or the headers before the end of the year, but I will likely wait to install it all.

It's boating season now and my slush funds are being diverted to my other dollar bill burners.
No problem, glad i could help! And ya, they are the 2012+ specific one's. P/N THY-517-LS-C

Icon most likely came from us. We are their biggest stocking warehouse/distributor. If you need anything suspension wise, hit me up direct and ill get you TW prices.